What is the Full form of AIDS?
The full form of AIDS is Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome. AIDS is a disease caused by HIV. In that condition, a human’s immune system is too weak to protect against any sickness or infection. AIDS is usually the last stage of HIV infection when the patient can no longer defend himself and thus spreads various diseases. When AIDS remains unattended, it causes death.
Someone with AIDS can experience a variety of health conditions, including thrush, pneumonia, tuberculosis, skin diseases, cytomegalovirus & toxoplasmosis. There’s an enhanced possibility of catching a medical condition such as cancer or brain disease.
Common AIDS symptoms
Since AIDS is a virus infection, the sign of acute HIV infection can be close to those of flu or any other viral diseases, such as,
- Joint and muscles pain
- Swollen lymph glands
- Red rashes
- Night Sweats
- Sore throat, and so on.
Treatment for AIDS
- There seems to be no definite or ideal cure or treatment, but one would battle it and lead a generally safe and happy life with appropriate diagnosis, care and support.
- Someone needs to take proper steps and live with any probable side effects.
- Medications are used to avoid a replication of the virus.
- An effective HIV/AIDS treatment is known as ART (antiretroviral therapy).
Symptoms of HIV / AIDS in the advanced stage
- Blurred sight
- Chronic diarrhoea or Persistent
- Dry cough fever over 37 degrees centigrade (100° Fahrenheit)
- Sweating during night time
- Permanent fatigue
- Shortened breath
- Glands are swollen that last for weeks
- Loss of weight
- Small white colour spots on the mouth and tongue