What is the full form of ENT?
The full form of ENT is Ear Nose Throat. The medicine & surgery division is responsible for the care and treatment of ear, nose, throat and neck & head diseases. It is sometimes referred to as otolaryngology. Therefore, an ENT professional is a doctor who is specialised in the care of the ear, nose, throat and associated body parts. In the United Kingdom, ENT also includes Head and Neck Surgery (HNS). ENT experts are often named as ENT doctors, ENTs or otolaryngologists.
Various conditions treated by ENT specialist.
- Hearing failure and ear problems like ear infection, dizziness & tinnitus.
- Allergies like seasonal rhinitis and hay fever
- Infections like tonsillitis & sinusitis
- Abnormalities that are congenital or inherited, such as the deviated septum, cleft palate, loss of odour, drooping eyelids.
- Swallowing Difficulty
- Disorders of speech, like hoarseness & laryngitis
- Tumours of nose, throat and ear and so on.