What is the Full form of NACO?
The full form of NACO is the National Aids Control Organization. It is Govt. Organization of India, set up to monitor the epidemic in India under the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare. Also, it aims to improve HIV+ individuals’ healthcare coverage and to safeguard and uphold their human rights. It views an India in which every HIV+ individual has access to healthcare services and dignified care.
- Since its establishment, it has been working tirelessly to raise awareness of HIV or AIDS as well as provide reliable AIDS knowledge so that theories and assumptions can be addressed.
- It also offers practical knowledge to decrease the risk of Hiv transmission concerning behaviour changes.
- To guarantee that people with HIV will have access to reliable health care, NACO establishes strong relationships with NGOs, women’s self-help organizations, and other support networks and groups of people.
- It also teaches & encourages males and females to use condoms and additional contraception for safe sexual conduct and use.
- We can therefore claim that it promotes AIDS awareness, inspires and enables citizens with the knowledge to encourage everyone to defend themselves against HIV.