What is the Full form of STD?
1) The full form of STD is Sexually Transmitted Diseases. STD implies these are most commonly transmitted but not specifically via sexual activity. STDs involve genital warts, genital herpes, HIV, gonorrhoea, syphilis, chlamydia, other kinds of hepatitis & trichomoniasis. STDs formerly labelled as VD (venereal diseases).
STD is the title suggest the illnesses that propagate sexually. All STDs are not transmitted sexually; they also can transmit by non-sexual activity. Non-contact forms involve infected tissues & blood transfusion, breastfeeding, exchanging of syringes, and so on. Psychologists in the healthcare profession have a cure for each STD, though hepatitis B, genital herpes and HIV infections stand out from the list. Even they are puzzled by all these disorders.
Signs of developing STD
- Ulcers on or near the genitals.
- Penile Discharge
- Pelvic Disorder
- Vaginal Discharge
- Itching and so on.
Risk Factors of STD
Risk factors of STD are notably amongst women which involve
- Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID)
- Ectopic pregnancies
- Can also contribute to reproductive tract cancer in severe circumstances.
What causes STDs?
There are far more than thirty different viruses, bacteria and parasites can be the source of STD.
- STDs by bacterias – Gonorrhea, Syphilis & Chlamydia
- STDs by viruses – HIV, genital warts & vaginal acne
- STDs by Parasites – Trichomoniasis
Strategies to prevent STDs
- Avoid unprotected sex
- Avoid sex with multiple partners
- Consult a professional health care professional for treatment and diagnosis.
2) Another full form of STD is Subscriber Trunk Dialling. Often, it is also named as Subscriber Toll Dialling. STD is being used to enable subscribers to call long-distance trunk contacts beyond a specified boundary without the assistance of the operator.
The term STD is being used in the India, UK, Australia, Republic of Ireland & South East Asia. It is named as Direct Distance Dialing in the USA.
History of STD
- In the UK, STD began before December 5, 1958, when it was announced by the Queen, who was in London, dialling Edinburgh – is the furthest distance a call can be dialled directly.
- The STD system was completed in 1979, but much of the nation had already been reached long earlier.
- STD system defines STD codes for each area, which are officially known as area codes. The subscriber will dial such codes before calling the contact number to make a phone call.