The UP Board has released a new revised syllabus for class 12 Biology curriculum. Previously, there were two papers for Biology, which included Botany and Zoology and the syllabus was vast as students had to cover topics from both Classes 11 and 12. However, as per the new curriculum, students have to write only one paper, which is solely based on the UP board syllabus of Class 12th.
UP Board Revised Class 12 Biology Syllabus 2020-2021
For the academic year 2020-21, the UP Board syllabus has been reduced by 30% for Class 12. Find here the revised syllabus for 2020-21 UP Board Class 12 Biology Syllabus. Find here the PDF links to access the reduced UP Board Class 12 Biology Syllabus 2020-21 in Hindi and English medium.
Students can access the syllabus of UP Board Class 12 Biology subject for the academic session 2020‒2021 here. To download the UP Board Class 12 Jeeva Vigyaan Syllabus PDF click the link below.
- Unit I Reproduction
- Chapter 1 Reproduction in organisms
- Chapter 2 Sexual Reproduction in Flowering Plants
- Chapter 3 Human Reproduction
- Chapter 4 Reproductive Health
- Unit II Genetics and Evolution
- Chapter 5 Principles of Inheritance and Variation
- Chapter 6 Molecular Basis of Inheritance
- Chapter 7 Evolution
- Unit III Biology in Human Welfare
- Chapter 8 Human Health and Disease
- Chapter 9 Strategies for Enhancement in Food Reproduction
- Chapter 10 Microbes in Human Welfare
- Unit IV Biotechnology
- Chapter 11 Biotechnology: Principles and Processes
- Chapter 12 Biotechnology and its Applications
- Unit V Ecology
- Chapter 13 Organisms and Populations
- Chapter 14 Ecosystems
- Chapter 15 Biodiversity and Conservation
- Chapter 16 Environmental Issues
The Biology Class 12 Syllabus of UP Board consists of 5 units as shown above. Students could also get to know the chapter wise mark distribution & exam pattern. Here, we have given the marks distribution and exam pattern 2020-21 in Hindi and English.
जीव विज्ञान कक्षा 12 पाठ्यक्रम का अंक वितरण 2020-21
UP Board Unit wise Marks Distribution 2020-21
Highlights of UP Board Class 12 Biology Syllabus
The key contents of the syllabus include;
- The list of the Units and their importance in the board exam.
- The names of topics and sub-topics discussed in each unit
- Question Paper Design.
The Uttar Pradesh Board Syllabus will help students understand the course objectives and aid in developing an effective preparation strategy. Students once they get an overview of the complete syllabus will be able to study productively by focusing on important topics and allocating sufficient time for each topic.
Stay tuned to BYJU’s to know more about UP Board and also access various study materials, including textbooks, question papers and more. Download BYJU’S App for interesting Science & Maths videos.
Important Links to refer:
Other resources we offer includes UP board 12th Science syllabus and so on.