One of the main functions of the UP Board is to always devise efficient courses that will help students learn more holistically. Besides, the primary goal of the board is to raise the standards of education in the state and it does so by closely following the changes and current trends in the education sector.
As such, the board has made some new changes in the syllabus for Class 12 or Intermediate level students. The UP Board has introduced or is now following the NCERT textbooks for all subjects. As a result of this, the syllabus has become quite shorter compared to previous years. Talking about the reason behind such implementation, the UP Board wanted to give its students a chance to compete with CBSE students. However, the downside is that students preparing for the exams will not be able to refer to any previous year question papers.
Having said that, students can still perform well in the exam. How? They should gain a clear understanding of the syllabus. One of the easiest ways to stay ahead in the class and succeed in the exams is to go through the syllabus. Getting a complete overview of the syllabus will help students study more productively.
UP Board Class 12 Syllabus
Here, we have provided Class 12 UP Board Intermediate Syllabus to help students develop an effective preparation strategy and ace the exams. The syllabus that is given here will offer a complete overview of subjects like Maths and Science. Students will also find other information, including the summary of each unit and more. These are the latest syllabus for Class 12, as prescribed by the UP board.
The Uttar Pradesh government decided to reduce the syllabus by 30% for 2020-21 as a one-time measure on 16 July 2020. Questions from the deleted syllabus will be asked in the UP Class 12 board exams.
Click the link below to access the revised complete Class 12 UP Board syllabus for all the streams i.e Science, Commerce & Arts in a single pdf, by clicking on the link. The subject wise syllabus for Class 12 Science stream is also given in the table below:
Download UP Board Class 12 Science Stream Revised Syllabus 2020-21
|UP Board Class 12 Maths Syllabus|
|UP Board Class 12 Physics Syllabus|
|UP Board Class 12 Chemistry Syllabus|
|UP Board Class 12 Biology Syllabus|
Deleted Sections From Class 12 Syllabus
- From Class 12 Hindi, the condemnation of satirist Harishankar Parsai is omitted.
- Class 12 English students will not study The Merchant of Venice.
- From the Civics syllabus, the certain portions on political party dominance in independent India and the challenges of the Congress system have been removed.
- The History syllabus will not cover the history and nationality, sectarianism and division of 1040 in ‘division based on physical sources’.
- In Sociology, public relations, media and communication subjects have been removed from ‘dimension of globalisation’.
Benefits of Knowing UP Board Class 12 Syllabus
Some of the top benefits include;
- Better knowledge of the subjects.
- Know the important topics.
- Gain proper insight into the marking scheme.
- Know the objective of the question setters.
Stay tuned to BYJU’s to learn more about the UP Board and stay updated with the latest information and study materials. Download the BYJU’S App to watch interesting Science & Maths videos.
Important Links to refer:
Students can also get the UP board model paper 2020 Class 12 for future reference.