The UP Board Class 12 Physics syllabus has been revised by the governing body to help students develop the right skills and knowledge regarding several basic as well as advanced concepts of physics. The new syllabus is based on the NCERT books, where the topics discussed will help students develop a practical approach to most of the things. The 2021-2022 syllabus is further set to enable students to acquire better logical reasoning, formulate ideas, conduct experiments and come out with appropriate conclusions.
As for writing the exam, UP board 12 students will have to write only one exam compared to the two papers, as per the old syllabus, which was long and vast. The new syllabus is comparatively shorter. Also, UP Board had announced that Class 12 Syllabus has been reduced for the academic year 2020-21.
Note: The UPMSP has reduced the Syllabus for Intermediate (12th) Examination, 2022 by 30%.
UP Board Class 12 Physics Syllabus 2021-22
Click on the link to download the PDF version of the UP Board 12th Class Syllabus for Physics for 2021-22
UP Board Class 12 Physics Syllabus 2020-21
All the concepts of these chapters may not be covered in this new reduced version of the syllabus for this academic year.
- Unit–I Electrostatics
- Chapter–1: Electric Charges and Fields
- Chapter–2: Electrostatic Potential and Capacitance
- Unit-II Current Electricity
- Chapter–3: Current Electricity
- Unit-III Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
- Chapter–4: Moving Charges and Magnetism
- Chapter–5: Magnetism and Matter
- Unit-IV Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents
- Chapter–6: Electromagnetic Induction
- Chapter–7: Alternating Current
- Unit–V Electromagnetic Waves
- Chapter–8: Electromagnetic Waves
- Unit–VI Optics
- Chapter–9: Ray Optics and Optical Instruments
- Chapter–10: Wave Optics
- Unit–VII Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter
- Chapter–11: Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter
- Unit–VIII Atoms and Nuclei
- Chapter–12: Atoms
- Chapter–13: Nuclei
- Unit–IX Electronic Devices
- Chapter–14: Semiconductor Electronics: Materials, Devices and Simple Circuits
Find here also the marks distribution of Exam pattern 2020-21
UP Board कक्षा 12 भौतिक विज्ञान पाठ्यक्रम – संक्षिप्त विवरण 2020-21
Benefits of knowing UP Board Class 12 Physics Syllabus
Students are advised to go through the entire syllabus during their study time. Getting an overview and understanding of the syllabus will help students get a clear idea of what topics they should focus on, properly divide their study time and devise a strong preparation strategy for the class as well as the main board exam. In addition, students will also get an insight into;
- Learning objectives
- Marking Scheme
- Important chapter topics and sub-topics
- Details of the practicals and experiments
Do stay connected to BYJU’s to learn more about the UP Board. Students can also access a lot of study materials from Model Paper 2020 Class 12 UP Board to textbooks and more. Download the BYJU’S App for interesting Science & Maths videos.
Important Links to refer:
|UP Board Class 12 Syllabus
|UP Board Class 12 Books
|UP Board Class 12 Previous Year Question Papers
Students can download the UP Board Class 12 Previous Year Papers PDF from BYJU’S, so that they can refer to it later as well.