UP Board Class 1 syllabus Maths, English and Hindi for the academic year 2021-22 covers all the important chapters that a Class 1 student should learn. The syllabus for Class 1 is prepared to keep in mind the tender age of the children. In this article, we have covered the UP Board syllabus of Class 1 for all subjects Maths, English and Hindi. Class 1 is an important grade in a student’s life as they get to learn the basics in this stage. Parents can go through the syllabus of Maths, English and Hindi provided below and help their children in their studies.
UP Board Class 1 Maths Syllabus – 2021-22
Geometry (10 hrs.)
a) Shapes and Spatial Understanding
Develops and uses the vocabulary of spatial relationship (Top, Bottom, On, Under, Inside, Outside, Above, Below, Near, Far, Before, After)
b) Solids Around Us
- Collects objects from the surroundings having different sizes and shapes like pebbles, boxes, balls, cones, pipes, etc.
- Sorts, classifies and describes the objects on the basis of shapes and other observable properties.
- Observes and describes the way shapes affect movements like rolling and sliding.
- Sorts 2 – D shapes such as flat objects made of card, etc.
Numbers (46 hrs.)
a) Developing a sense of Numbers, Counting and Operations of Numbers 1-9 and Zero
- Observes object and makes collections of objects.
- Arranges the collection of objects in order by
– Matching and
– One to one correspondence
- Counts the number of objects in a collection.
- Makes collection of objects corresponding to a specific number.
- Recognises and speaks numbers from 1 to 9.
- Uses numbers from 1 to 9 in counting and comparison. (Real objects and repeated events like clapping to be used for counting)
- Reads and writes numerals from 1 to 9.
- Adds and subtracts using real objects and pictures.
- Adds and subtracts the numbers using symbols ‘+’ and ‘-’.
- Approaches zero through the subtraction pattern (such as 3 – 1 = 2, 3 – 2 = 1, 3 – 3 = 0).
b) Numbers from (10 – 20)
- Forms Number sequence from 10 to 20.
- Counts objects using these numbers.
- Groups objects into a group of 10s and single objects.
- Develops the vocabulary of group of ‘tens’ and ‘ones’.
- Shows the group of tens and ones by drawing.
- Counts the number of tens and ones in a given number.
- Writes the numerals for eleven to nineteen.
- Writes numerals for ten and twenty.
- Compares numbers upto 20.
c) Addition And Subtraction (Upto 20)
Adds and subtracts numbers upto 20.
d) Numbers from 21 – 99
- Writes numerals for Twenty-one to Ninety nine. Groups objects into tens and ones.
- Draws representation for groups of ten and ones.
- Groups a number orally into tens and ones.
e) Mental Arithmetic
Adds two single digit numbers mentally.
Money (3 hrs.)
a) Identifies common currency notes and coins.
b) Puts together small amounts of money.
Measurement (13 hrs.)
- Distinguishes between near, far, thin, thick, longer/taller, shorter, high, low.
- Seriates objects by comparing their length.
- Measures short lengths in terms of non-uniform units (in the context of games e.g. ‘Gilli Danda’ and ‘marble games’).
- Estimates distance and length, and verifies using nonuniform units (e.g. hand span, etc.)
Compares between heavy and light objects.
- Distinguishes between events occurring in time using terms -earlier and later.
- Gets the qualitative feel of long & short duration, of school days v/s holidays.
- Narrates the sequence of events in a day.
Data Handling (6 hrs.)
Collects, represents and interprets simple data such as measuring the arm length or circumference of the head using a paper strip.
Patterns (10 hrs.)
- Describes sequences of simple patterns found in shapes in the surroundings and in numbers, e.g. stamping activity using fingers and thumb.
- Completes a given sequence of simple patterns found in shapes in the surroundings and in numbers.
UP Board Class 1 English Syllabus – 2021-22
Marigold – 1
|Unit 1:||A Happy Child|
|Three Little Pigs|
|Unit 2:||After a Bath|
|The Bubble, the Straw and the Shoe|
|Unit 3:||One Little Kitten|
|Lalu and Peelu|
|Unit 4:||Once I Saw a Little Bird|
|Mittu and the Yellow Mango|
|Unit 6:||If I Were an Apple|
|Unit 7:||A Kite|
|Unit 8:||A Little Turtle|
|The Tiger and the Mosquito|
|Unit 10:||Flying Man|
|The Tailor and his Friend|
- Chapter 1: Clap, Clap, Clap
- Chapter 2: One, Two
- Chapter 3: The Little Bird
- Chapter 4: Bubbles
- Chapter 5: Chhotu
- Chapter 6: Animals and Birds
- Chapter 7: Fruits and Vegetables
- Chapter 8: Who Am I?
- Chapter 9: Hide and Seek
UP Board Class 1 Hindi Syllabus – 2021-22
- पाठ 1: झूला
- पाठ 2: आम की कहानी
- पाठ 3: आम की टोकरी
- पाठ 4: पत्ते ही पत्ते
- पाठ 5: पकौड़ी
- पाठ 6: छुक-छुक गाड़ी
- पाठ 7: रसोईघर
- पाठ 8: चूहो! म्याऊँ सो रही है
- पाठ 9: बंदर और गिलहरी
- पाठ 10: पगड़ी
- पाठ 11: पतंग
- पाठ 12: गेंद-बल्ला
- पाठ 13: बंदर गया खेत में भाग
- पाठ 14: एक बुढ़िया
- पाठ 15: मैं भी
- पाठ 16: लालू और पीलू
- पाठ 17: चकई के चकदुम
- पाठ 18: छोटी का कमाल
- पाठ 19: चार चने
- पाठ 20: भगदड़
- पाठ 21: हलीम चला चाँद पर
- पाठ 22: हाथी चल्लम चल्लम
- पाठ 23: सात पूँछ का चूहा