The syllabus of UP Board Class 2 Maths, Hindi and English 2021-22 helps students to learn new concepts related to the subjects. The syllabus of each subject is created in such a way that students find it interesting and love to study them. For the subject Maths, the syllabus includes topics like shapes and spatial understanding, numbers, addition and subtraction, etc. The UP Board Class 2 English syllabus covers stories as well as poems. The syllabus of Hindi covers interesting and knowledgeable stories. Knowing the syllabus will help students to get well versed with UP Board Class 2 course structure.
UP Board Class 2 Maths Syllabus 2021-22
Geometry (13 hrs.)
a) Shapes and Spatial Understanding
3-D and 2-D shapes
- Observes objects in the environment and gets a qualitative feel for their geometrical attributes.
- Identifies the basic 3-D shapes such as cuboid, cylinder, cone, sphere by their names.
- Traces the 2-D outlines of 3-D objects.
- Observes and identifies these 2-D shapes.
- Identifies 2-D shapes viz., rectangle, square, triangle, circle by their names.
- Describes intuitively the properties of these 2-D shapes.
- Identifies and makes straight lines by folding, straight edged objects, stretched strings and draws free hand and with a ruler.
- Draws horizontal, vertical and slant lines (free hand).
- Distinguishes between straight and curved lines.
- Identifies objects by observing their shadows.
Numbers (46 hrs.)
- Reads and writes numerals for numbers up to ninety-nine.
- Expands a number with respect to place values.
- Counts and regroups objects into tens and ones.
- Uses the concept of place value in the comparison of numbers.
- Counts in various ways:– Starting from any number.
– Group counting etc.
- Arranges numbers upto hundred in ascending and descending order.
- Forms the greatest and the smallest two digit numbers, with and without repetition of given digits.
- Indicates and identifies the position of an object in a line.
a) Addition and Subtraction
- Adds and subtracts two digit numbers by drawing representations of tens and ones without and with regrouping.
- Adds zero to a number and subtracts zero from a number.
- Observes the commutative property of addition through patterns.
- Solves addition, subtraction problems presented through pictures and verbal description.
- Describes orally the situations that correspond to the given addition and subtraction facts.
- Estimates the result of addition and subtraction and compares the result with another given number.
b) Preparation for Multiplication And Division
- Discussion of situations involving repeated addition and situations involving equal sharing.
- Activities of making equal groups.
c) Mental Arithmetic
- Adds and subtracts single-digit numbers mentally.
- Adds and subtracts multiples of ten mentally.
Money (3 hrs.)
- Identifies currency – notes and coins.
- Puts together amounts of money not exceeding Rs 50/-.
- Adds and subtracts small amounts of money mentally.
- Transacts an amount using 3-4 notes.
Measurement (13 hrs.)
- Measures lengths & distances along short & long paths using uniform (non-standard) units, extends to longer lengths.
- Compares two or more objects by their weight.
- Appreciates the need for a simple balance.
- Compares weights of given objects using simple balance.
c) Capacity (Volume)
- Compares and orders containers in terms of internal volume (capacity).
- Orders given containers as per their capacities on the basis of perception & verifies by pouring out, etc.
- Gets familiar with the days of the week and months of the year.
- Gets a feel for sequence of seasons (varying locally).
- Sequences the events occurring over longer periods in terms of dates/days.
Data Handling (6 hrs.)
- Collects data through measurement.
- Represents the data followed by discussion (e.g. heights of children).
- Collects and presents the data on birthdays.
- Draws inferences from the data at the appropriate level.
Patterns (10 hrs.)
- Observes and extends patterns in sequence of shapes and numbers.
- Searches for patterns in different ways of splitting a number.
- Creates block patterns by stamping thumbprints, leaf prints, vegetable prints, etc.
- Creates patterns of regular shapes by stamping.
UP Board Class 2 English Syllabus 2021-22
- Unit 1: First Day at School, Haldi’s Adventure
- Unit 2: I am Lucky!, I Want
- Unit 3: A Smile, The Wind and the Sun
- Unit 4: Rain, Storm in the Garden
- Unit 5: Zoo Manners, Funny Bunny
- Unit 6: Mr. Nobody, Curlylocks and the Three Bears
- Unit 7: On My Blackboard I can Draw, Make it Shorter
- Unit 8: I am the Music Man, The Mumbai Musicians
- Unit 9: Granny Granny Please Comb my Hair, The Magic Porridge Pot
- Unit 10: Strange Talk, The Grasshopper and the Ant
- Chapter 1: Action Song (Poem)
- Chapter 2: Our Day
- Chapter 3: My Family
- Chapter 4: What’s Going On?
- Chapter 5: Mohan, The Potter
- Chapter 6: Rain in Summer (Poem)
- Chapter 7: My Village
- Chapter 8: The Work People Do
- Chapter 9: Work (Poem)
- Chapter 10: Our National Symbols
- Chapter 11: The Festivals of India
- Chapter 12: The Monkey and The Elephant
- Chapter 13: Going to the Fair
- Chapter 14: Colours (Poem)
- Chapter 15: Sikkim
UP Board Class 2 Hindi Syllabus 2021-22
- पाठ 1: ऊँट चला
- पाठ 2: भालू ने खेली फुटबॉल
- पाठ 3: म्याऊँ, म्याऊँ !!
- पाठ 4: अधिक बलवान कौन?
- पाठ 5: दोस्त की मदद
- पाठ 6: बहुत हुआ
- पाठ 7: मेरी किताब
- पाठ 8: तितली और कली
- पाठ 9: बुलबुल
- पाठ 10: मीठी सारंगी
- पाठ 11: टेसू राजा बीच बाजार
- पाठ 12: बस के नीचे बाघ
- पाठ 13: सूरज जल्दी आना जी
- पाठ 14: नटखट चूहा
- पाठ 15: एक्की-दोक्की