A syllabus acts as a roadmap with instructions to help a student understand what will be covered throughout the year and what will be expected of them year round. Generally, a syllabus includes the following information:
- Goal/Rationale – The reason for the course to be organized in a particular sequence.
- Learning Objectives – Tells what students are expected to take away from the course.
- Course Content – Lists major topics and sub-topics with a reason for its inclusion in the course.
- Grading Method – The assessment process and the distribution of marks clearly explained.
- Teaching Philosophy – The rationale along with the pedagogical approach for why students will benefit from it.
Here, we have provided the WBBSE class 9 syllabus for maths and science to help class 9 students to look forward to what they will be introduced to year-round and help them plan an effective study routine accordingly. Click on the links below to access them.
Stay tuned to BYJU’S to get the latest notification on WBBSE along with sample papers, exam pattern, marking scheme and more.