WBBSE Board Madhyamik Class 10 Maths syllabus has been designed especially to meet the emerging needs of the students. Selected concepts have been added to enhance the students’ capacity or their ability to employ Maths in solving everyday life problems and at the same time study Maths easily. While greater emphasis has been laid on applications of various concepts the syllabus is also designed to generate more interest towards the subject among students. Students will also be able to develop better Mathematical skills. The prescribed West Bengal Board Madhyamik Class 10 syllabus of Maths includes topics like number system, algebra, trigonometry, geometry, statistics, etc.
As directed by the Honourable Minister-in-Charge, School Education Department, Government of West Bengal, the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education has reduced 30-35% of the syllabus in all the subjects for Madhyamik Pariksha (S.E.), 2021. Students can refer to the list of subject wise topics/chapters that are included for Madhyamik Pariksha – 2021, as givne here.
- Chapter 1: Quadratic equation in one variable
- Chapter 2: Simple Interest
- Chapter 3: Theorems related to circle
- Chapter 4: Rectangular Parallelopiped or Cuboid
- Chapter 5: Ratio and proportion
- Chapter 6: Compound Interest (up to 3 years) and uniform rate of increase or decrease
- Chapter 7: Theorems related to angles in a circle
- Chapter 8: Right Circular Cylinder
- Chapter 9: Quadratic Surd
- Chapter 10: Theorems related to cyclic quadrilateral
- Chapter 11: Construction: Construction of circumcircle and in-circle of a triangle
- Chapter 12: Sphere
- Chapter 13: Variation
- Chapter 14: Partnership Business
- Chapter 15: Theorems related to Tangent to a circle
- Chapter 16: Right circular cone
- Chapter 17: Construction: Construction of tangent to a circle
- Chapter 18: Similarity
- Chapter 19: Problems related to different solid objects*
- Chapter 20: Trigonometry : concept of measurement of angle*
- Chapter 21: Construction: Determination of mean proportional*
- Chapter 22: Pythagoras theorem*
- Chapter 23: Trigonometric Ratios and Trigonometric Identities*
- Chapter 24: Trigonometric Ratios of complementary angles*
- Chapter 25: Application of Trigonometric Ratios: Heights and Distances*
- Chapter 26: Statistics : Mean, Median, Ogive, Mode*
(*these chapters have been been removed from this reduced syllabus just for the academic year 2020-21)
Main Objectives of West Bengal Board Madhyamik (Class 10) Maths Syllabus
- Develop a clear understanding of basic concepts, mathematical principles, terms etc.
- Develop better analytical and reasoning skills.
- Apply the acquired knowledge to solve problems using different methods, form correct solutions and prove the results.
- Learn about the different patterns and relationships in Mathematics.
- Develop a strong foundation that will be helpful in a student’s further study of Maths.
Keep visiting BYJU’s to explore and access different WBBSE Board study materials for Classes 6 – 12.