What is the Full form of FBI?
The full form of FBI is the Federal Bureau of Investigation. It was established on July 26, 1908, as a government department belonging to the Department of Justice of the United States. It was first founded in 1908 as a name of Bureau of Investigation, and it was eventually changed to the Federal Bureau of Investigation in 1935.
- FBI directors are appointed by the President of the United States and must be confirmed by the United States Senate
- The FBI is headquartered in Washington, D.C. in the J. Edgar Hoover Building.
- The FBI’s main agenda is to look after and maintain law and order in the United States by protecting the country from terrorist violence, cybercrime and high-tech crime, and protecting civil rights.
- It also provides investigative skills, information, & training to foreign and national agencies and collaborators.
The main functional division of FBI
- FBI Human Resources Branch
- FBI Intelligence Branch
- FBI Information and Technology Branch
- FBI Science and Technology Branch
- FBI National Security Branch
- FBI Criminal, Cyber, Response, and Services Branch
Eligibility criteria to become FBI agent
- The applicant should have a four-year degree with American citizenship and must be between the ages of 23 and 37. Besides, he does not have a criminal history of any sort.
- The FBI appoints just about 10% of applicants.
- After being picked, the applicant will undergo training at the FBI Academy in Quantico, Va.
- There is a forensic and testing laboratory at the Academy garage, shooting ranges, library, driving road, gymnasium and so on.
- For training purposes, it also has a fake town called Hogans Alley.