What is the full form of WWW?
The full form of WWW is the World Wide Web. WWW is also called a Web and it is a catalogue of an order of all websites connected to the worldwide Internet. It is an information system in which linked hypertext data and resources are accessed over the Internet. Using a web browser, a user can access a web page and a user can navigate between the web pages using hyperlinks where images, texts, and other multimedia data and content can be carried on a website page.
Protocols used by the World Wide Web
WWW uses three protocols, namely
- Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP)
- Hypertext markup language (HTML)
- Uniform resource locator (URLs)
History of WWW
- Tim Berners-Lee and his colleagues at CERN, an international scientific organization based in Geneva, Switzerland, began developing the World Wide Web in 1989. They created the HTTP protocol which standardized server-client communication. In January 1992, their text-based Web browser was made available for publication.
- The World Wide Web quickly gained recognition with the development of a web browser called Mosaic, set up by Marc Andreessen and others at the National Center for Supercomputing Applications at the University of Illinois in the United States, and launched in September 1993.
- In April 1994 Andreessen co-founded Netscape Communications Corporation, soon after its launch, Netscape Navigator became the powerful Web browser.
- In 1995 the giant software company Microsoft Corporation established its own Internet Explorer (IE) browser. In 1996 IE was incorporated into the Windows operating system and IE shortly became a popular Web browser.
- The first real competitor to IE was Mozilla’s Firefox, launched in 2004.
- In 2008 google launched chrome. By 2013, compared to IE and Firefox, Chrome had become a powerful browser. In 2015, Microsoft discontinued IE replacing it with Edge.
- Can assist you with studies
- You can do grocery and other shopping online.
- You can contact relatives and friends.
- Many pages could be misleading, and may steal your data, cash
- Abuse, harassment, racism etc are common nowadays.