For students who wish to pursue their higher studies in medicine or subjects related to Biology, learning as per the Punjab Board Class 12 Biology syllabus is very crucial. We understand that students leave no stone unturned while preparing for these crucial exams and in our effort to help them, we have put together an updated and complete Punjab Board Syllabus for Class 12 Biology.
From the information provided in the article, students can get an idea about the reduced chapters and deleted portions of the PSEB Class 12 Biology Syllabus 2021-22 along with chapter wise distribution of marks, as per the syllabus.
From traditional Biology topics such as Genetics and Human Evolution to more modern subjects such as Biotechnology, the Biology syllabus of Class 12 has it all.
Chapter wise Distribution Of Marks As Per Syllabus 2021-2022
A. List of Experiments
1. Study pollen germination on a slide.
2. Collect and study soil from at least two different sites and study them for texture, moisture content, pH and water holding capacity. Correlate with the kinds of plants found in them.
3. Collect water from two different water bodies around you and study them for pH, clarity and presence of any living organism.
4. Study the presence of suspended particulate matter in air at two widely different sites.
5. Study the plant population density by quadrat method.
6. Study the plant population frequency by quadrat method.
7. Prepare a temporary mount of onion root tip to study mitosis.
8. Study the effect of different temperatures and three different pH on the activity of salivary amylase on starch.
9. Isolate DNA from available plant material such as spinach, green pea seeds, papaya,etc.
B. Study/observation of the following (Spotting)
1. Flowers adapted to pollination by different agencies (wind, insects, birds).
2. Pollen germination on stigma through a permanent slide.
3. Identification of stages of gamete development, i.e., T.S. of testis and T.S. of ovary through permanent slides (from grasshopper/mice).
4. Meiosis in onion bud cell or grasshopper testis through permanent slides.
5. T.S. of blastula through permanent slides(Mammalian).
6. Mendelian inheritance using seeds of different colour/sizes of any plant.
7. Prepared pedigree charts of any one of the genetic traits such as rolling of tongue, blood groups, ear lobes, widow’s peak and colour blindness.
8. Controlled pollination – emasculation, tagging and bagging.
9. Common disease causing organisms like Ascaris, Entamoeba, Plasmodium, any fungus causing ringworm through permanent slides or specimens. Comment on symptoms of diseases that they cause.
10. Two plants and two animals (models/virtual images) found in xeric conditions. Comment upon their morphological adaptations.
11. Two plants and two animals (models/virtual images) found in aquatic conditions. Comment upon their morphological adaptations.
We, at BYJU’S, realise the importance of Class 12 and provide students with free study material for PSEB like the Punjab Board Class 12 Textbooks, previous year papers and so on.