Change in Profit Sharing Ratio among Existing Partners
Apart from any retirement or admission of a partner, a few times the partners may determine to change their current profit sharing ratio. This may be an outcome in the profits to a few partners and loss to the rest of the partners.
In other words, the partners of an enterprise determine to change their current or existing profit sharing ratio without any retirement or admission of a partner. This results in a profit of an additional share in future gains of the enterprise for some partners while a loss of a part thereof for other partners.
|(A) Meaning of Reconstitution of a Partnership Firm
|(B) Circumstances When We Need to Reconstitution of a Partnership Firm||
One of the modes of reconstitution of the enterprise is Change in Profit Sharing Ratio among current Partners. Here, there is no change in the partners carrying on the business of the enterprise. The only change is the profit-sharing ratio among current partners.
Any adjustments, in the profit-sharing ratio, be like :
- Admission of a partner may also incorporate adjustments with respect to the revaluation of assets and liabilities
- Transfer of accrued profit and losses to partners’ capital a/cs in the old profit sharing ratio and adjustment of partners’ capitals, if specified, so as to make them commensurate to the new profit sharing ratio
- Everything is done in a similar way as in the case of admission of a partner
- Important Questions for Profit Sharing Ratio among the Existing Partners
- TS Grewal Solutions for Profit Sharing Ratio among the Existing Partners
- DK Goel Solutions for Profit Sharing Ratio among the Existing Partners
|Multiple Choice Questions|
|Q.1- Change in profit-sharing ratio means a change in ratio in which partners of the firm will share future|
c. Both (a) & (b)
|Q.2- Reconstruction of the firm takes place at the time of ____________ a partner|
d. All of the above
The above mentioned is the concept that is explained in detail about Change in Profit Sharing Ratio among the Existing Partners for the class 12 Commerce students. To know more, stay tuned to BYJU’S.