Every student dreams of scoring high marks in the examination. Generally, students burn the midnight oil for preparation, but if he/she is smart, scoring high is not difficult. It just needs an efficient study plan from the beginning of the academic year. A complete study will begin with going through the syllabus, reading the basic study material (Punjab Board Class 9 books), understanding of the subject and then practising the exercise or sample questions for evaluating himself/herself. The last step is solving old question papers to understand how to write efficiently during final examinations.
The curriculum of class 9 Punjab board is directed by the Punjab School Education Board, popularly known as PSEB. Punjab Board Class 9 Syllabus covers various subjects and the board gives the liberty to students in choosing subjects of their interest.
Find here the downloadable links for the entire PSEB Class 9 Syllabus in the Punjabi language:
PSEB class 9 comprises of eight streams, It includes compulsory subjects like
- Punjabi (Punjabi A and Punjabi B)OrPunjab History and Culture (Part-A and Part-B)
- Hindi/ Urdu
- Social science
- Computer science(grading subject)
- Elective subject: (grading subject)Each candidate shall be offered any one of the following elective subjects or anyone Trade of NSQF.
- Home Science
- Cutting and Tailoring
- Mech. Drawing & Painting
- Music (Vocal)
- Music (Tabla)
- Music (Instrumental)
Pre Vocational Subjects:
- Computer Science (Pre Vocational)
- Rep & Maint of HHEA
- Electronic & Technology
- Rep & Maint of Farm Machinery
- Knitting (Hand & Machine)
- Engg. Drafting & Duplicating
- Food Preservation
- Manufacturing of Leather Goods
NSQF (National Skill Qualification Framework):
- Health Care
- Information Technology/Information technology enable Services
- Beauty and Wellness
- Travel and Tourism
- Physical Education and Sports
PSEB Class 9 examinations are conducted for 100 marks for all compulsory as well as elective subjects other than Punjabi and Punjab History and Culture. Here the student has to score a minimum of 33/100. Whereas Punjabi and Punjab History and Culture carry 75 marks and a student has to score a minimum of 25/75 to get promoted. Duration of examination will be three hours.
Students can also get more information about the Punjab Board and its resources like the pseb 9th class sample paper here at BYJU’S. Also, stay tuned for more study material like the pseb science book.