Maharashtra SSC Board Class 10 Maths important questions will help the students to score well in their Class 10 board examinations. The important questions are prepared focusing on the Maths syllabus of Class 10 Maharashtra State Board. Important questions will help the students to brush up their mathematical skills and move a step forward towards understanding the subject.
Class 10 Maths important questions will prepare the students for the subject which will further enhance the conceptual knowledge about the different types of questions which can be framed during the exam. The important questions for Class 10 Maths provided below will make students familiar with the marking scheme and the difficulty level of the paper.
Maharashtra State Board SSC Class 10 Maths Important Questions are very crucial for the final examination and practicing the important questions will clear the concepts of questions which can be framed in an examination. It is important for students to know the important questions so that the students of Class 10 can study efficiently.
Important Questions for Class 10 Maths (Geometry)
- Sides of a triangle are 7, 24 and 25. Determine whether the triangle is right-angled triangle or not
- The diameter of a sphere is 6 cm. Find the total surface area of the sphere. (p = 3.14)
- Draw a tangent at any point ‘M’ on the circle of radius 3.3 cm and centre ‘O’.
- Find the area of the sector of a circle of radius 8 cm and arc with length 15 cm.
- In DPQR, ÐP = 30°, ÐQ = 60°, ÐR = 90° and PQ = 12 cm, then find PR and QR.
- Draw the circumcircle of DPMT in which PM = 5.6 cm, Ð P = 60°, Ð M = 70°.
- Prove that: sec2 q + cosec2 q = sec2 q ´ cosec2 q.
- Find the equation of the line passing through the points (4, – 5) and (–1, –2).
- Prove that, “The lengths of the two tangent segments to a circle drawn from an external point are equal.”
- A person standing on the bank of a river observes that the angle of elevation of the top of a tree standing on the opposite bank is 60°. When he moves 40 m away from the bank, he finds the angle of elevation to be 30°. Find the height of the tree and the width of the river. ( 3 = 1.73)
- If P(–2, 4), Q(4, 8), R(10, 5) and S(4, 1) are the vertices of a quadrilateral, show that it is a parallelogram.
Important Questions for Class 10 Maths (Algebra)
- Find the first two terms of the sequence for which Sn is given below: Sn = n2(n + 1).
- Find the value of discriminant (D) for the quadratic equation: x2 + 7x + 6 = 0 .
- Write the equation of X-axis. Hence, find the point of intersection of the graph of the equation x + y = 5 with the X-axis.
- For a certain frequency distribution, the values of Assumed mean (A) = 1300, åfidi = 900 and
- Sfi = 100. Find the value of mean (x) .
- Two coins are tossed simultaneously. Write the sample space (S), n(S), the following event A using set notation and n(A), where ‘A is the event of getting at least one head.’
- Find the value of k for which the given simultaneous equations have infinitely many solutions: kx + 4y = 10; 3x + 2y = 5.
- How many three digit natural numbers are divisible by 5?
- Solve the following quadratic equations by factorization method: 3x2 – 29x + 40 = 0.
- Solve the following simultaneous equations by using Cramer’s rule: 3x – y = 7; x + 4y = 11.
- Two dice are thrown. Find the probability of the event that the product of numbers on their upper faces is 12.
- If the cost of bananas is increased by 10 per dozen, one can get 3 dozen less for 600. Find the original cost of one dozen of bananas.