The JKBOSE which is an abbreviated term for Jammu and Kashmir State Board of School Education is one of the major boards apart from CBSE board in the state of Jammu and Kashmir in India. JKBOSE 10th Board is responsible for conducting the Class 10 Board Exams in the state of Jammu and Kashmir. The Board is responsible for carrying out all the activities like formulating the JKBOSE Class 10 Syllabus, designing the curriculum, and doing all related work. Class 10 is considered a turning-point in a student’s life. This phase of life shapes the future of students for their next successive years. This is the stage where a student sits for their first board exam. Marks obtained in Class 10 JKBOSE Board exam is a deciding factor in the future of the students. JKBOSE 10th exam thus lays the huge stepping stone for their educational path, as most of the concepts introduced in class are discussed further at length in higher classes
Table of Contents
- Latest Notifications
- About the JKBOSE 10th Board
- JKBOSE 10th Board Exam Resources
- JKBOSE 10th Results Year-wise Comparison
In this article, we have provided the overview of the Jammu and Kashmir State Board of School Education (JKBOSE) 10th Board, details pertaining to the board and its exam, as well as links to access the study materials to prepare for the J&K Board Class 10 exams.
- The JKBOSE has released the Date-sheet for the Class 10 Examination. 2022.
- JKBOSE Class 10 Results for Kashmir Division are released on the Official Website.
- The JKBOSE has uploaded a schedule for Online submission of Registration Returns in respect of Class 9th students for the Academic Session 2021-23 Summer Zone
- The JKBOSE has extended the last date for Submission of Application forms pertaining to National Means cum Merit Scholarship Scheme (NMMSS) 2021-22 till 10th February, 2022.
About the JKBOSE 10th Board
The JKBOSE or the Jammu and Kashmir State Board of School Education, was established in accordance with the Jammu and Kashmir State Board of School Education Act of 1975. JKBOSE Class 10 is a vital year for the students as their passing marks for this year helps to determine the students’ entry into higher Classes. The board is a self-governing body that works under the state administration. Notably, the board is the main body for regulating the education system in the state, and it is also responsible for giving affiliation to schools.
Functions of the JKBOSE 10th Board
The JKBOSE 10th Board is authorised to carry out certain tasks, which are vital to the betterment of the education system in the state. Some important functions include;
- Devise the right courses and create the most relevant syllabus.
- Prescribe textbooks.
- Conduct and supervise examinations and publish the results.
- Issue certificates to students who have passed the board examinations.
- Maintain the standard of education in schools.
- Remove recognition from schools that violate the regulations and conditions.
The main objective of the board though, is to conduct the class 10 Secondary School Certificate exam. The exam is conducted in the months of February and March while the results are usually released in the month of April or May. Likewise, class 10 exams are also important for students, and they need to perform well and secure high grades in the exams. The results will basically determine which academic streams they will be pursuing at the +2 level. To help students on their academic journey and achieve more, we have listed out useful Class 10 materials, including the syllabus, question papers and books here. Students can get a hold of these resources from the links provided below.
JKBOSE 10th Board Exam Resources
In the meantime, find below in this table the links to access the JKBOSE Class 10 Exam study materials and resources for the students to prepare more effectively for the exams and ace it.
|JKBOSE Board Class 10 Syllabus
|JKBOSE Board Class 10 Books
|JKBOSE Board Class 10 Previous Years Question Papers
|JKBOSE Class 10 Sample Papers
|JKBOSE Exam Blueprint
|JKBOSE 10th Results
|JKBOSE Date Sheet
JKBOSE Board Class 10 Syllabus
With an aim to enable students throughout the state to realise their full potential the JKBOSE board undertakes the revision of syllabus from time to time. The board does this, especially in collaboration with academicians from different fields of education and from both state and national level. In light of the National Curriculum Framework (NCF-2005), the board has revised the syllabus and adopted subjects mainly from NCERT. Students can have a glimpse of the latest syllabus by clicking on the link given below.
|JKBOSE Board Class 10 Syllabus
JKBOSE Board Class 10 Books
As stated earlier, the JKBOSE books for class 10 are based on the NCERT curriculum. In any case, students can get access to the books from the link given below.
|JKBOSE Board Class 10 Books
JKBOSE Board Class 10 Question Papers
Students are always advised to practice solving question papers as it will help them prepare effectively for the exams. In general, when students solve question papers they will not only be able to test their preparation level, but gain a clear insight into the marks’ allotment, exam pattern, exam duration and more. JKBOSE class 10 questions papers can be accessed from the given link.
|JKBOSE Board Class 10 Question Papers
JKBOSE 10th Results Year-wise Comparison
- Total Number of Students: The average number of students appearing for the JKBOSE 10th exams has been more than 50 thousand. In the year 2016, 50,615 students appeared for their Class 10 JKBOSE Exams, which increased in 2017, with 58,293 students appearing for their exams.. In 2021, 75,132 students appeared for their JKBOSE 10th exams. Here is a comparison of the number of students appearing for the JKBOSE 10th exams over the last few years.
|Number of Students Appeared
- Overall Passing Percent: The performance of students in JKBOSE 10th exams has been around 60-70%. In 2018, 83.6% of the students had passed, which was the highest recorded till date. In 2020 70% of the students passed and, in 2021, 75% of the students appearing for the JKBOSE 10th exams had successfully qualified. The girls have been consistently performing better than the boys. Below is a comparison of the passing percentage of the students year-wise.
|Overall Pass Percentage
|Boys Pass Percentage
|Girls Pass Percentage
Keep visiting BYJU’s to know more about the Jammu and Kashmir State Board of School Education and to get the latest information and study materials for Classes 6 – 12.