The Jammu & Kashmir State Board of School Education commonly known as JKBOSE, was established in the year of 1975. The main functions of the board are:
- Prescribing syllabus, curriculum and textbooks
- Publication of textbooks
- Conducting public examination for secondary and higher secondary classes
- Publishing the examination results
- Grant certifications and diplomas
- Awards medals and prizes to students who score top percentile marks in public examination
- Implementation of schemes and scholarships to students
The main focus of JKBOSE is that creating a powerful ideas that shapes every student to be specific in developing their skills. The vision of the board is that bringing the full potential of the students and make them to realise it. The board develops the skills of the students by adding the activity based teaching and provided the job oriented inputs. The board made some innovations in teaching and learning methodologies and it should be student friendly.
The board revamped and restructured the education system for motivating the children to take their education seriously.
Click the links below to access the JKBOSE class 7 syllabus, textbooks and previous year question papers: