A syllabus is an important tool for student, and it should clearly communicate the scope and requirements of a course to a student. The syllabus prescribes the topics and concepts for that academic year and on the basis of that they will be tested at the time of the final examination. Class 11 Botany syllabus of Tamilnadu Board conveys a clear idea of the course content and the knowledge they will gain throughout the course. Students can refer to the Tamil Nadu Board Class 11 Botany Syllabus and get an idea on how to plan their studies, most effectively, so that they ace the final exams.
Tamilnadu board Class 11 Botany syllabus helps students in terms of getting an idea about the importance of a particular topic and how much time they should a lot to each topic. Having a clear understanding of the Class 11 Botany syllabus will help students to score a good percentile in their final exam as the question paper is prepared as per the prescribed syllabus.
The prescribed syllabus of Class 11 Botany is given below for students to get an idea about the course content and important topics they will be taught during the academic session. The Class 11 Botany syllabus is divided into 2 parts Volume I and II.
|Class 11 Botany Syllabus (Volume I)|
|Unit I: Diversity of Living World|
|Chapter 1: Living World|
|Chapter 2: Plant Kingdom|
|Unit II: Plant Morphology and Taxonomy of Angiosperm|
|Chapter 3: Vegetative Morphology|
|Chapter 4: Reproductive Morphology|
|Chapter 5: Taxonomy and Systematic Botany|
|Unit III: Cell biology and Biomolecules|
|Chapter 6: Cell: The Unit of Life|
|Chapter 7: Cell Cycle|
|Chapter 8: Biomolecules|
|Class 11 Botany Syllabus (Volume II)|
|Unit IV: Plant Anatomy (Structural Organisation)|
|Chapter 9: Tissue and Tissue System|
|Chapter 10: Secondary Growth|
|Unit V: Plant Physiology (Functional Organisation)|
|Chapter 11: Transport in Plants|
|Chapter 12: Mineral Nutrition|
|Chapter 13: Photosynthesis|
|Chapter 14: Respiration|
|Chapter 15: Plant Growth and Development|
|Class 11 Botany Practicals Syllabus|
|Unit I: Preparation and Demonstration of slides|
|Unit II: Fresh or preserved specimens|
|Unit III: Plant Taxonomy – Flower Dissection|
|Unit IV: Bio molecules – Nutrient test|
|Unit V: Plant Physiology Experiments|
The significance of Tamilnadu Board Class 11 Botany syllabus
- It will help students, teachers as well as parents to get an idea about the topics and concepts that will be covered for that particular academic session.
- Knowing the syllabus will help students to prepare themselves according to the prescribed important topics.
- A well-designed syllabus will make the students aware of what they are going to be taught for that academic session.
- It also helps the students to get an idea about the exam pattern and marks weightage of each section.
- Most of the questions asked in the final exam are prepared as per the Tamilnadu Board of Class 11 syllabus prescribed for Botany.