Class 8 Maths Chapter 3 (Understanding Quadrilaterals) MCQs are provided here, online. These objective questions are designed for students, as per CBSE syllabus (2020-2021) and NCERT guidelines. Solving the chapter-wise questions will help students understand each concept and help to score good marks in exams. Also, learn important questions for class 8 Maths here at BYJU’S.
MCQs on Class 8 Understanding Quadrilaterals
Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) are available for Class 8 Understanding Quadrilaterals chapter. Each problem consists of four multiple options, out of which one is the correct answer. Students have to solve the problem and select the correct answer.
1. Which of the following is not a quadrilateral?
Explanation: A quadrilateral is a four-sided polygon but triangle is a three-sided polygon.
2. Which of the following quadrilaterals have two pairs of adjacent sides equal and its diagonals intersect at 90 degrees?
3. Which one of the following is a regular quadrilateral?
Explanation: A square has all its sides equal and angles equal to 90 degrees.
4. If AB and CD are two parallel sides of a parallelogram, then:
D. None of the above
5. The perimeter of a parallelogram whose parallel sides have lengths equal to 12 cm and 7 cm is:
A. 21 cm
B. 42 cm
C. 19 cm
D. 38 cm
Explanation: Perimeter of parallelogram = 2(Sum of Parallel sides)
P = 2 (12 + 7)
P = 2 (19)
P = 38 cm
6. If ∠A and ∠C are two opposite angles of a parallelogram, then:
A. ∠A > ∠C
B. ∠A = ∠C
C. ∠A < ∠C
D. None of the above
Explanation: Opposite angles of a parallelogram are always equal.
7. If ∠A and ∠B are two adjacent angles of a parallelogram. If ∠A = 70°, then ∠B = ?
Explanation: The adjacent angles of parallelogram are supplementary.
∠A + ∠B = 180°
70° + ∠B = 180°
∠B = 180 – 70° = 110°
8. ABCD is a rectangle and AC & BD are its diagonals. If AC = 10 cm, then BD is:
A. 10 cm
B. 5 cm
C. 15 cm
D. 20 cm
Explanation: The diagonals of a rectangle are always equal.
9. Each of the angles of a square is:
A. Acute angle
B. Right angle
C. Obtuse angle
D. 180 degrees
Explanation: All the angles of square is at right angle.
10. The quadrilateral whose diagonals are perpendicular to each other is: