Mathematics is not only limited to learning from textbooks. There are different learning styles that make mathematics easier. A simple maths tricks help us to improve our mathematical skills. The well-known fact is that our human brain is similar to a computer. It means our brain is like the hardware of computer whereas our mind is like a Software. Image how mathematics would be easy and interesting when you have the ability to calculate the problems in a matter of seconds using some maths tricks. There are different kinds of mathematical operations on real numbers like addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, squaring, roots, powers, logarithms, divisions, etc. Maths tricks for class 6 kids help them to understand and boost the calculation which ends up making it too boring. Here are some of the maths tricks for fast calculation. Magic maths tricks support you to manage time in final exams as well as in the competitive exam to solve the problems with accuracy.
Addition of Two Digits Numbers
With the help of basic principles of tens and unit places, the addition of two-digit numbers is performed by
- Take 43+34
- Split the second number into tens and unit places. 34=30+4
- Finish the ten’s addition. 43+30=73
- Finally add the remaining unit place digit. 73+4=77.
Calculation of Squares that Ends with the Digit 5
- Let’s consider the number 75 to find its square.
- Start writing the answer of last two digits number, that is 25 because any number that ends with 5 is 25
- Take the first digit of the number 75. That is 7 and take the number that follows 7 is 8.
- Now, multiply 7 and 8, we get the number 56.
- Finally, write the number 56 in the prefix and combined with 25 what we already wrote.
- So, the answer is 5625.
Simple Multiplication Maths Tricks
If anyone of the given numbers is an even number, then follow the steps to solve
- Consider an example, 18 x 37
- Here 18 is an even number, then divide the first number in half, so that 18/2 = 9
- Then double the second number. 37x 2 =74
- Finally, multiply the resultant numbers. It becomes 74 x 9 = 666
Quick Multiplication by Breaking Down Numbers
- Let’s try the number 24 and 16
- First split the number 24, which gives 4 x 6
- Then multiply 6 with 16, we get 96
- Finally multiply the number, 96 x 4 =384
- So, the multiplication of two numbers 24 x 16 that gives the solution 384.
Multiplication Tricks When Doing it with 15
- Consider the multiplication of two numbers say 56 and 15
- Now add zero at the end of the first number, it becomes 560.
- Divide that number by 2, we get 560/2=280
- Add the resultant number with 560, so 560+280=840.
- So the answer for 56 and 15 is 840.
Tricks for Subtraction
Here is an example that requires a lot of borrowing
- Consider two numbers say 1000 and 676
- Subtract 1 from both the numbers, we get 999 and 675
- Then subtract 675 from 999, we get 234
- So, 1000 – 676 = 234.
The numbers that can be evenly divided by certain numbers are:
- If a number is an even number and ends in 0, 2, 4, 6 or 8, it is divided by 2.
- A number is divisible by 3 if the sum of the digits is divisible by 3. Consider the number 12 = 1 + 3 =3 and 3 is divisible by 3.
- A number is divisible by 4 if the last two digits are divisible by 4. Example: 9312. Here the last two digits are 12 and 12 is divisible by 4.
- If the last digit is a 0 or 5, it is divisible by 5
- Since 6 is the product of 2 and 3, it obeys the divisibility rule 2 and rule 3.
- If the number is divisible by 8, the last three digits of the numbers are divisible by 8.
- If a number is divisible by 9, the sum of the digits is divided by 9. Let us consider the example, 4518 = 4+ 5+1+8=18, which is divisible by 9.
- If the final digit of the number is 0, it is divisible by 10.
To Find Out the Percentage
Let us take, we have to find the percentage of the number 5% of 475, follow the steps.
- For the given number, move the decimal point over by one place. 475 becomes 47.5
- Then divide the number 47.5 by 2, we get 23.75.
- 23.75 is the solution to the given problem.
For more maths tricks to solve the complicated sum in a matter of seconds, register with BYJU’S – The Learning App and watch the interactive videos.
|Arithmetic||Multiplication And Division Of Decimals|
|Multiplication And Division Of Integers||Addition and Subtraction of Decimals|