Telangana board Class 6 Mathematics syllabus is prescribed by the Board of Secondary Education, Telangana commonly called as BSE, Telangana. The board strives for establishment, promotion and development of primary and secondary education in the state provinces of Telangana. BSE ,Telangana is facilitated by an autonomous body called the State Council of Educational Research and Training, Telangana, abbreviated as SCERT in designing and publishing of Syllabus and Textbooks.
Telangana board Class 6 Mathematics syllabus 2021-22
Telangana board Class 6 Mathematics syllabus is designed by SCERT, Telangana. The panel members carefully choose each and every topic covered under the syllabus. The selection of topics are attained considering the mantle acceptability of students without compromising the magnitude of knowledge delivered. The concepts learnt in this class will be of great help in understanding Mathematics of higher standards.
Key concepts covered by Telangana board Class 6 Mathematics syllabus are Number systems, Whole numbers, Integers, Fractions and Decimals, Algebra, Simple equation, Ratios and proportions, Basic geometrical ideas, lines and angles, Constructions, Understanding 2D,3D shapes, Symmetry, Mensuration, Data handling etc.
Check the table below to scroll through the Revised edition of Telangana board Class 6 Mathematics syllabus, as prescribed by the state board:
|Telangana board Class 6 Mathematics Syllabus 2021-22
Refer to the table below for a detailed description of Telangana board Class 6 Mathematics syllabus, along with timescale:
|NUMBER SYSTEM (60 hours)
||Knowing our Numbers:
- Consolidating the sense of Numberness up to 99,999 (five digits)
- Estimation of numbers
- Comparison of numbers
- Place value (recapitulation and extension);
- Connectives: use of symbols =, <, >.
- Word problems on number operations involving large numbers up to a maximum of 5 digits in the answer (This would include conversions of units of length & mass from the larger to the smaller units)
- Estimation of outcome of number operations.
- Introduction to large numbers a) up to lakhs and ten lakhs b) up to crores and ten crores
- Approximation of large numbers
- International system of numbers (Millions.)
- Use of Large numbers in daily life situations.
- Natural numbers, whole numbers
- Properties of whole numbers (closure, commutative, associative, distributive, additive identity, multiplicative identity)
- Division by zero
- Number line- Binary operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication) on the number line Seeing patterns, identifying and formulating rules to be done by children.
- Utility of properties in fundamental operations
||Playing with Numbers:
- Consolidating divisibility rules of 2,3,5,6,9,10
- Discovering divisibility rules of 4,8,11 through observing patterns.
- Multiples and factors,
- Prime & composite numbers, Co-prime numbers and twin prime numbers,
- Prime factorisation, every number can be written as products of prime factors.
- HCF and LCM, prime factorization and division method.
- Property LCM × HCF = product of two numbers.
- LCM & HCF of co-primes.
||Negative Numbers and Integers:
- How negative numbers arise, models of negative numbers, connection to daily life, ordering of negative numbers, representation of negative numbers on the number line.
- Understanding the definition of integers, identification of integers on the number line
- Comparison of integers, ordering of integers by using symbols
- Operation of addition and subtraction of integers, showing the operations on the number line (Understanding that the addition of negative integer reduces the value of the number)
||Fractions and Decimals:
- Revision of what a fraction is, Fraction as a part of whole
- Representation of fractions (pictorially and on number line)
- Fraction as a division, proper, improper & mixed fractions, equivalent fractions, like, unlike fractions.
- Comparison of fractions
- Addition and subtraction of fractions
- Word problems (Avoid large and complicated calculations)
- Review of the idea of a decimal fraction
- Place value in the context of decimal fraction, inter conversion of fractions and decimal fractions (avoid recurring decimals at this stage)
- Word problems involving addition and subtraction of decimals (word problems should involve two operations)
- Contexts: money, mass, length.
|ALGEBRA (15 hours)
||Introduction to Algebra:
- Introduction to variable through patterns and through appropriate word problems and generalizations (example 5 × 1 = 5 etc.)
- Generate such patterns with more examples.
- Introduction to unknowns through examples with simple contexts (single operations)
- Rules from Geometry and Menstruation.
- Solution of simple equation
- by Trial and Error method
|RATIO AND PROPORTION (15 hours)
||Ratio and Proportion:
- Concept of Ratio
- Ratio in different situations.
- Comparison of ratios of different units
- Division of a quantity in a given ratio.
- Proportion as equality of two ratios
- Unitary method (with only direct variation implied)
- Word problems
- Understanding ratio and proportion in Arithmetic
|GEOMETRY (65 hours)
||Basic geometrical ideas (2-D):
- Introduction to geometry. Its linkage with and reflection in everyday experience.
- Point, Line, line segment, ray.
- Open and closed figures.
- Curvilinear and linear boundaries
- Interior and exterior of closed figures.
- Angle — Vertex, arm, interior and exterior, Triangle — vertices, sides, angles, interior and exterior.
- Quadrilateral — Sides, vertices, angles, diagonals, adjacent sides and opposite sides, adjacent and opposite angles (only convex quadrilateral are to be discussed), interior and exterior of a quadrilateral.
- Circle — Centre, radius, diameter, chord, arc, sector, segment, semicircle, circumference, interior and exterior
||Measures of Lines and Angles:
- Measure of Line segment
- Types of angles- acute, obtuse, right, straight, reflex, complete and Zeroes angle.
- Examples of angles in the surroundings.
- Measure of angles
- Classifying angles according to their measures.
- Pair of lines Intersecting and perpendicular lines and parallel lines
||Practical Geometry (Constructions):
- Drawing of a line segment (using Straight edged Scale, compasses)
- Construction of circle
- Perpendicular bisector
- Drawing a line perpendicular to a given line from a point a)on the line b)outside the line.
- Construction of angles (using protractor)
- Angle equal to a given angle (using compass)
- Angle 60°, 120° (Using Compasses)
- Angle bisector- making angles of 30°, 45°, 90° etc. (using compasses)
||Understanding 3D, 2D shapes:
- Identification of 3-D shapes: Cubes, Cuboids, cylinder, sphere, cone, prism (triangular), pyramid (triangular and square) Identification and locating in the surroundings
- Elements of 3-D figures. (Faces, Edges and vertices)
- Polygons- introduction, types of polygons, regular polygons
- Observation and identification of 2-D symmetrical objects for reflection symmetry
- Operation of reflection (taking mirror images) of simple 2-D objects
- Recognising reflection symmetry (identifying axes)
- Demonstrates an understanding of line symmetry by (one line) linear symmetry.
- Multiple lines of symmetry.
- Creating symmetrical 2-D shapes.
|MENSURATION (15 Hours)
||Perimeter and Area:
- Introduction and general understanding of perimeter using many shapes.
- Shapes of different kinds with the same perimeter.
- Perimeter of a rectangle – and its special case – a square.
- Perimeter of regular polygons
- Deducing the formula of the perimeter of a rectangle and then a square through pattern and generalisation.
- Concept of area, Area of a rectangle and a square. Counterexamples to different misconceptions related to perimeter and area
- Word problems on perimeter and area.
|DATA HANDLING (10 Hours)
- What is data
- Collection and organisation of data – examples of organising it in tally marks and a table.
- Pictograph- Need for scaling in pictographs interpretation & construction.
- Bar graphs: Interpreting bar graphs, drawing vertical and horizontal bar graphs for given data.
Stay tuned with BYJU’S for Textbooks and Previous year Question papers of Telangana board Class 6.