Telangana Board Class 7 Maths Syllabus is a very crucial reference material for students. Mathematics is merely not only a subject of study. In today’s world, it becomes a language for communication and thought process. It is a rudimentary subject for the development of Scientific knowledge and technological importance. Mathematics is the nucleus for all the subjects.
The Board of Secondary Education,Telangana formulated the Telangana Board Class 7 Mathematics syllabus, in such a way to provide sound knowledge on Mathematics. The main objectives are:
- Developing Mathematical way of thinking
- Application of Mathematics in our real life situation
- Developing a positive attitude towards a study of Mathematics.
Here is the Mathematics syllabus for Class 7 Telangana Board:
- Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication and Division of integers
- Properties of integers under addition, multiplication & division through patterns
- Word problems involving integers
Fractions Decimals and rational numbers:
- Multiplication of fractions
- Fraction as an operator “of”
- Division of fractions
- Reciprocal of a fraction and its use
- Word problems involving mixed fractions ( related to daily life)
- Introduction to rational numbers
- Multiplication and division of decimal fractions
- Conversion of units (length & mass)
- Comparison of rational numbers
Exponents and powers
- Meaning of x in ax where a Z
- Writing a number in the exponential form through prime factorization.
- Laws of exponents
- Terms with negative base.
- Expressing large number in standard form (Scientific Notation)
Algebraic Expressions Introduction
- Identifying constants, coefficient, powers
- Like and unlike terms, degree of expressions
- Types of algebraic expressions.
- Addition, subtraction of algebraic expressions (coefficients should be integers).
- Finding the value of the expression
- Simple linear equations in one variable (in contextual problems) with two operations (integers as coefficients)
||Ratio – Applications
- Ratio and proportion (revision)
- Unitary method continued, consolidation, general expression.
- Direct proportion
- Percentage- an introduction.
- Understanding percentage as a fraction with denominator 100.
- Converting fractions and decimals into percentage and vice-versa.
- Application to profit and loss
- Application to simple interest
Lines and Angles
- Pairs of angles (linear pair)
3. adjacent, vertically opposite angles. (verification and simple proof of vertically opposite angles)
- Transversal – Angles formed by the transversal.
- Properties of parallel lines with transversal (alternate, corresponding, interior, exterior angles, interior angles on the same side of transversal.
- Definition of triangle.
- Types of triangles according to sides and angles
- Properties of triangles Sum of the sides, difference of two sides.
- Angle sum property (with the notion of proof and verification through paper folding, proofs , using property of parallel lines , difference between proof and verification
- Exterior angle property of triangle
- Median and Altitude of a triangle, centroid
- Congruence through superposition ex. Blades, stamps etc..
- Extend congruence to simple geometrical shapes ex: Triangle , Circles,
- Criteria of congruence (by verification only)
- Property of congruence of triangles SAS, SSS, ASA, RHS Properties with figures
Construction of triangles
- Constructing a Triangles when the lengths of its 3 sides are known (SSS Criterion)
- Constructing a triangle when the lengths of 2 sides and the measures of the angles between them are known (SAS criterion)
- Constructing triangle when the measures of 2 of its angles and length of the side included between them is given (ASA criterion)
- Constructing a right angle triangle when the length of one leg hypotenuse are given (RHS criterion).
- Constructing a triangle when the lengths of 2 sides and the measures of the non included angle are known (SSA criterion)
- Quadrilateral, sides, angles, diagonals.
- Interior, exterior of quadrilateral Convex, concave quadrilateral differences with diagrams
- Angle sum property (By verification) , problems
- Types of quadrilaterals
- Properties of parallelogram, trapezium, rhombus, rectangle,etc.
- Recalling reflection, line symmetry, lines of symmetry for regular polygons.
- Idea of rotational symmetry and its observations of rotational symmetry of 2-D objects. (90, 120, 180)
- Operation of rotation through 90 and 180 of simple figures.
- Order of rotational symmetry
- Examples of figures with both rotation and reflection symmetry
- Examples of figures having reflection and rotation symmetry and vice-versa
Understanding 3-D in 2-D shapes:
- Nets for cube, cuboids, cylinders, cones and tetrahedrons.
- Drawing 3-D figures in 2-D showing hidden faces through oblique sketches and Isometric sketches.
Area and Perimeter
- Revision of perimeter and Area of Rectangle, Square.
- Area of parallelogram.
- Area of a triangle
- Area of rhombus.
- Idea of Circumference of Circle.
- Area of rectangular paths.
- Collection and organisation of data.
- Mean median and mode of ungrouped data
- Reading bar-graphs Constructing double bar graphs.
- Simple pie charts with reasonable data numbers