Biotechnology is a multidisciplinary field which is the combination of biological sciences with modern technologies to produce the products that help in improving agriculture, environment, healthcare, food products, pharmaceuticals, etc.
Graduates in Biotechnology stream can find a variety of career opportunities both in private and government sectors with different subdisciplines as this application is widely used in different types of industries, including – Agriculture, Environmental Conservation, Health care, Medicines, etc. Biotechnology has a great demand in today’s job market with the introduction of countless industries and sectors. Listed below are some of them.
- Health Care
- Recycling plants
- Animal Husbandry
- Agriculture industries
- Sewage Treatment Plant
- Bio-processing industries
- Food processing industries
- Department of Horticulture
- Clinical Research Associates
- Forensic Science Technicians
- Biomanufacturing Specialists
- Biochemists and Biophysicists
- Greenhouse or Field Technician
- Biotech and Research Industries
- Genetic and Biomedical Engineers
- Zoologists and Wildlife Biologists
- Epidemiologists and Microbiologists
- Pharmaceutical research and Chemical industries
- Medical and Clinical Lab Technologists or Technicians
- Waste management and Environment control systems
- Forensic science laboratories and other medical laboratories
Also, read about the Application of Biotechnology in Medicine
The career opportunities for students with a biotechnology degree is abounded both in India and abroad. Apart from all these career options, aspirants can also begin their profession as a research scientist by conducting research on the theory of evolution, clinical research associate, geneticist, professors, etc.
These are some important career opportunities available in the field of Biotechnology. Stay tuned with BYJU’S to know more information about the Biotechnology, its Principles, Applications, Processes and Career Opportunities.
Articles that might interest you:
- How can organisms reproduce?
- Can a bacterial infection go away with antibiotics?
- Do all living things reproduce sexually?
- Can human evolution be called adaptive radiation?
- Do genes evolve?
- How are sperms transferred from male to female in humans?