In this article, we will learn about various types of curves and geometric shapes related to it – polygons, triangles, quadrilateral and circles.
We have already learnt about lines and line segments in our previous article on geometric shapes.
- Curves are geometric shapes of 2 types – Open and closed
- A STRAIGHT LINE is also a CURVE.
Polygons have 3 parts
Angles – Acute, Obtuse and Reflex
- Suppose there are two TORCH flashing light in two different directions.
- We can consider the two rays as a pair of INTERSECTING LINE.
- So what is an ANGLE?
- ANGLE is an amount of turn between two straight lines that have a common end point (or a vertex).
- Further we can divide the angle into
Triangles and Quadrilaterals – Geometric Shapes
- Triangle and Quadrilateral are geometric figures that are both Polygon.
- Triangle – 3 sided polygon, also a polygon with least number of sides.
- Quadrilateral is a 4 sided polygon.
- Diameter is also a Chord that passes through the centre.
- Can we say that circle is a polygon with uncountable or infinite number of straight lines having very small length? Think.
To learn more about geometric shapes, download Byju’s the Learning App.