Factors of 91 are the numbers that divide the original number completely or evenly. The two numbers which, after multiplication, results in 91, are the pair factors of 91.
These factors are 1, 7 13, and 91.
They are all integers and not fractions.
To find the factors of a number, 91, we will use the factorization method.
In the factorization method, first take the numbers, 1 and 91 as factors and continue with finding the other pair of multiples of 91 which gives the results as an original number. To understand this method in a better way, read the article below to find the factors of 91 in pairs. Also, the prime factors of 91 with the help of the division method is discussed here
Pair Factors of 91
To find the pair factors, multiply the two numbers in a pair to get the original number as 91, such numbers are as follows
|1 × 91 = 91 ⇒ (1, 91)
7 × 13 = 91 ⇒ (7, 13)
How to calculate the Factors of 91?
Learn the following steps to calculate the factors of a number 91.
- First, write the number 91
- Find the two numbers, which gives the result as 91 under the multiplication, say 7 and 13, such as 7 × 13 = 91.
- We know that 7 and 13 are a prime number that each number has only two factors, i.e., 1 and the number itself. So, it cannot be further factorized.
7 = 1 × 7
13 = 1 x 13
- Therefore, the factorization of 91 is written as 91 = 7 x 13 x 1
- Finally, write down all the unique numbers which we can obtain from: 7 x 13 x 1
|Factors of 91|
|1, 7, 13, and 91|
Prime Factors of 91 By Division Method
The number 91 is a composite and it should have prime factors. Now let us know how to calculate the prime factors.
- The first step is to divide the number 91 with the smallest prime factor, say 7.
91 ÷ 7 = 13
- When you divide 13 by 7, you will get a fraction, that cannot be a factor of a number. So proceed with the next prime factor, say 13
13 ÷ 13 = 1
Finally, we received the number 1 at the end of the division process. So that we cannot proceed further. So, the prime factors are written as 7 x 13, where 7 and 13 are the prime numbers.
Register with BYJU’S – The Learning App to learn the factors of 91 and also the factors and prime factors of other numbers by factorization and division method.