Constructions Class 10 CBSE Notes are provided here to help the class 10 students learn this topic better and revise the related concepts quickly. The topics that are covered from construction chapter i.e. chapter 11 notes are-
- Definition of Construction
- Division of a Line Segment
- Construction of a triangle similar to a given triangle as per a given scale factor
- Construction of Tangents to a Circle
- Practice Questions
What is Construction
Construction in Geometry is related to drawing shapes, angles or lines accurately. These geometric constructions are carried out with the help of a compass, a ruler, and a pencil.
Division of a Line Segment
Construction of a triangle similar to a given triangle as per a given scale factor
First, it is important to know what is the scale factor. The scale factor is nothing but the ratio of the sides of a triangle that is to be constructed with the corresponding sides of any given triangle. It should be noted that constructingtriangles from another triangle can be of two types i.e. either the constructed triangle will be larger than the given triangle or vice versa. An example question from NCERT book is given below for better understanding.
Construction of Tangents to a Circle
We already know that if a point lies inside a circle, there cannot be a tangent to the circle through this point. However, if a point lies on the circle, then there is only one tangent to the circle at this point and it is perpendicular to the radius through this point. If a point lies outside the circle, there will be two tangents to the circle from this point.
- Draw a line of 8.6 segments and divide that into 3:4 ratio. Also, measure the length of each line segment.
- Construct a triangle whose sides are 2/3rd of the corresponding sides of another triangle having sides as 4 cm, 5 cm, and 6 cm.
- Draw two tangents inclined to each other at an angle of 45 degrees to a circle having a radius of 4 cm.
|Triangle Construction||Construction Of Special Angles|
|NCERT Solutions For Class 10 Maths Chapter 11||Important Questions from Class 10 Construction Chapter|
|Revision Notes For CBSE Class 10 Maths Chapter 11 Constructions||Maths Notes For Class 10|
With this CBSE class 10 construction notes, students can easily learn the main topics easily and can revise more efficiently. For more assistance for the class 10 board exams, keep visiting BYJU’S.