Reproduction is the biological process of producing their young ones. There are two different types of Reproduction.
Sexual Reproduction – It is a natural way of producing the young ones, where two parents are involved and the set of events are carried on in this mode of reproduction. Humans, animals, birds, reptiles, insects, and plants are all examples of sexually reproducing organisms.
Asexual Reproduction – It is a process of producing offspring from a single parent, which do not involve any kind of gametes fusion. Amoeba, Bacteria euglena and some species of plants reproduce through the asexual mode of Reproduction
Also, read Reproduction
What is Reproductive Health?
Reproductive health is the state of physical, mental, total well-being and proper functioning of reproductive organs in all phases of reproduction.
The main objectives of the reproductive health are:
- It helps in educating every youth about sexual and reproductive health.
- It creates awareness among adolescents about safe sexual practices.
- It helps in preventing sexually transmitted infections, including HIV/AIDS.
- It protects both the mother and the child from infectious diseases and to deliver a healthy baby.
- It provides complete knowledge about the early pregnancy, infertility, birth control methods, pregnancy, post-childbirth care of the baby and mother, etc.
Also, read Reproductive Health and Adolescence
This was a brief introduction to reproductive health and its importance. Stay tuned with BYJU’S to learn more about the Reproduction, Reproductive organs, and the importance of Reproductive health and its problems