Causes of Indigestion
General causes of indigestion are stated below:
- Musty foods.
- Excess of alcohol.
- Intake of large quantities of beverages.
- Too much of mental stress, depression.
- Performing more physical task soon after the meal.
- Eating while you’re not hungry continues consumption of food also leads to indigestion.
- Side effects that are caused due to certain medications like painkillers, aspirin, antibiotics, oral contraceptives, steroid medicines etc.
Symptoms of Indigestion
It can happen to every being. Some of the signs include:
- It might trigger stomach ache.
- A burning sensation could be felt deep in the chest.
- A burning sensation in the stomach.
- You might have also experienced chomping sensation in the stomach.
- A problem in swallowing.
- Weight loss.
- Formation of gas.
- Vile breath.
- Burning sensation in the throat.
Major causes of Indigestion.
- Stomach ulcer- It is a sore found in the stomach.
- Pancreas and liver disease could be also considered as a cause.
- Chronic Gastric- It appears when stomach lining is completely inflamed.
- Acute Gastric- It occurs due to abrupt inflammation in the lining of the stomach.
- Peptic ulcer- It is a sore that appears in the lining of the intestine, esophagus, and stomach. It is caused usually due to certain health issues.
- Gallstones- It is a kind of hard deposit found in gallbladder eventually blocking the bile ducts which in turn causes gastric issues.
- Ovarian Cysts- Every woman will develop one cyst in ovaries during their lifetime. It is totally painless.
- It might have been caused by gastric cancer, food allergy and inflammatory bowel disease in rare cases. Specifically, it might also come from GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease).
Remedies for Indigestion
- Eat less spicy foods.
- Chew food properly.
- Quit / Avoid smoking.
- Avoid intake of alcohol.
- Drink sufficient water. (Before meal instead of after).
- Food with an excessive amount of acid should be avoided.
- Don’t sleep soon after the meal. A gap of 3 to 4 hours would do.
Stay tuned with Byju’s to learn more about Indigestion.