The Odisha Staff Selection Commission sets the OSSC exam pattern and syllabus of all the exams. The aim is to give candidates a clear idea about the Odisha Staff Selection Commission syllabus and exam pattern for all exams and provide them with OSSC study materials.
For further details on the OSSC exams, their pattern and syllabus, you can go to the official website https://www.ossc.gov.in/
All set for SSC exams? Give a finishing touch to your SSC exam preparation with
Hence, this article will help the candidates understand the OSSC syllabus and the latest OSSC exam-pattern properly. Candidates appearing for exams conducted by the Odisha Staff Selection Commission can download the latest OSSC Syllabus PDF provided in the article.
OSSC Syllabus 2022
The OSSC Syllabus and exam pattern for the following Exams are discussed below:
- OSSC Combined Graduate Level
- Market Intelligence Inspector
- Field Assistant
OSSC Combined Graduate Level Exam Syllabus
The Combined Graduate Level Exam conducted by OSSC has two levels. The pattern and subjects in these two stages are discussed below:
Stage I – Written Examination
- Paper I – Mathematics & Reasoning
- Paper II – Composite Paper (Odia, English, GK & Computer)
- Each paper contains 100 questions, and the marks allotted for each paper is 100 marks.
- Therefore, stage I is written for a total of 200 marks.
- The time duration for Paper I is 1.5 hours and the time allotted for Paper-II in the written examination is 1 hour.
- There will be objective type questions with negative marks @ 0.25 for each wrong answer.
Also, get the list of important Logical reasoning topics and important SSC study material on the given page that explains the concepts and tricks to solve the questions in the exam.
Stage II – Certificate Verification
- Candidates 1.5 times of the vacancies in order of merit category wise based on Marks secured in the written examination shall be shortlisted for certificate verification.
Note – There shall be no Viva-Voce Test
Aspirants preparing for any exam conducted by the Selection Commission can check the SSC General Awareness for relevant topics for preparing the General Awareness Section of the exams.
Candidates can check important tips to master error spotting to attempt the question in exams with relative ease.
Aspirants can go through a variety of Sentence Correction Questions to understand how questions on sentence corrections are framed in the exam.
Market Intelligence Inspector Syllabus
The plan for the Market Intelligence Inspector examination has three stages.
- Stage I: Main Written Examination
- Stage II: Computer Skill Test (Qualifying)
- Stage III: Certificate Verification
Stage I – Main written examination
This stage has two papers – Paper I and Paper II. The subject and syllabus of these papers are detailed below:
Market Intelligence Inspector Syllabus
Paper I – Composite Paper
English, Odia, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning, statistics, & Probability)
The questions of Odia and English are to test the candidate’s English and Odia Language proficiency, grammar and usage.
Paper II – General Studies
General Science, current events, History and Geography of India/Odisha, Indian Polity and Constitution, Socio-economic scenario of India/Odisha, Issues in Environment & Human rights.
Given in the link are Important Maths Tricks and shortcuts, check for assistance.
Stage II – Computer Skill Test
The candidates numbering about 3 times of the vacancies from each category in order of merit on the basis of performance in the Main Written Examination will be shortlisted for appearing in the Computer skill Test. The Computer Skill Test is of qualifying in nature. The qualifying mark is 10 out of Full Mark 30.
The candidates appearing in this stage should have the basic knowledge & skills of the computer on the following matter:
- WINDOWS operating system
- To test some of the following basic system operations on file/folder(s):
- *Create, Rename, Copy/Cut/Paste, Delete,
- *Using Clipboard
- MS Word.
- A Paragraph in MS Word incorporating some of the tools given below to be tested during the examination
- *Editing and Formatting text and paragraph
- *Page and Paragraph Setup
- *Inserting pictures and WordArt
- MS PowerPoint
- A Power Point presentation with 2/3 slides using some of the tools given below to be tested during the examination.
- *Editing and formatting slides
- MS Excel
- A problem in spreadsheet related to some of the tools given below to be tested during the examination.
- *Formatting cells and data
- *Functions and Formulae (Relative, absolute and Mixed reference.
- MS Access
- A problem in MS Access related to some of the tools given below to be Tested during the examination
- *Creating and entering data into a database
- * Setting the primary key
- *Printouts of the document(s) should be attached with the Answer Sheets.
- Internet & E-Mail
Stage III – Certificate verification
- The candidates qualified in Computer Skill Test shall have to appear for certificate/document verification.
- The candidates will be required to produce their Original Academic Certificates, Mark sheets, caste certificate, special category certificate, Treasury Challan in Original and other documents for verification along with a set of self-attested photocopies of the same and OSSC copy of the application duly signed by the applicant.
- The candidate who will not submit required documents/certificates during certificate verification, his/her candidature may be cancelled.
- The candidates who will not attend the certificate verification on the date stipulated by the Commission, their names will be deleted from the merit list.
Note – There is no Viva Voce Test.
Field Assistant Syllabus
Stage I – Syllabus for Written Examination
- Composite Paper- (Paper-I) – 100 marks
- Composite Paper consists of 100 questions of multiple choices of the following subjects. The standard of question in this paper will be of HSC standard.
- General Studies-The question of General Studies will relate to Indian History, Economics, Geography, Indian Polity, General Science, Environmental Issues, Human rights issues, Current events.
- Computer Fundamentals-Windows, MS Office, (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), MS Access, & Usage of Internet services.
- General English — Grammar, usage & vocabulary Odia Language – Grammar, usage & vocabulary.
- Paper-II (Technical Paper)
Note – There will be negative marking (0.25 marks) for each wrong answer in Paper-II (Technical Paper) only.
Check important Idioms and Phrases Questions and Answers in the given link.
Candidates can check the General English for competitive exams to get the relevant list, rules, and concept-based topics covered in the English language section.
Stage II – Certificate verification
- Based on the performance in the Main Written Examination candidates about 03 (three) times of the vacancies notified, in order of merit category wise shall be shortlisted for certificate verification/ verification of original certificates.
- Age, Educational qualification, caste, Special category claiming age relaxation etc will be verified to check the eligibility of the candidate for the post.
- The candidates who will fail to appear in the certificate verification on the date notified, their names will not be taken into consideration while preparing the merit list.
Also, all government exam aspirants can check the best Preparation Strategy for Competitive Exams in the linked article.
Frequently Asked Questions about OSSC Syllabus
Is the OSSC exam syllabus different for different posts?
Yes, the OSSC syllabus is different for different posts. Each exam has a different syllabus, and it is based upon the post.
How many topics come under the general awareness syllabus?
The general awareness syllabus includes all the country related topics like politics, Indian history, economics, geography and more.
How to prepare for the exam?
First, know the syllabus for the exam you are applying for, and then buy relevant study materials. Divide the syllabus into parts and dedicate equal time to every subject.
This will help you to prepare the OSSC syllabus properly and efficiently.
Apart from this, to get the latest exam updates, study material, notes, and other relevant information, candidates can turn to BYJU’S for help and get expert assistance.
Candidates preparing for various government exams can check the detailed syllabus of respective exams on the given links: