Studying for class 11 Biology is important as it is a very interesting year and a crucial subject for the students. In class 11, students normally select the streams of their choice, as per their preference for a subject. Most of the class 11 students who have taken up Biology obviously has plans to go for either medical profession or has plans to continue with Biology even for their higher studies. Hence, we at BYJU’s cater to this need of the students and have compiled together the Kerala Plus One Biology Important Questions.
The questions cover the major concepts and topics of the subject and gives students an overview of the type of questions asked in Kerala Board Previous Year Question Papers. It also gives students an insight into the subject matter, Normally, students who have prepared for the exams by solving these questions will also be more confident to write the exams. Other than the previous year question paper or model question papers, see here the list of some important questions we have compiled together on the basis of the KBPE Class 11 Syllabus:
Botany Important Questions
- Complete the flowchart given below:
2, Plants are adversely affected by manganese toxicity. Mention the effects of manganese toxicity in plants.
3. The breakdown of glucose to pyruvic acid is called glycolysis. Where does it occur in a cell? How many ATP molecules are directly synthesized during the process?
4. First phase of meiosis I is typically longer and complex one. Name it. Mention the 5 subdivisions of this phase.
5. Give the scientific term of the following:
- Interchange of genetic material between non sister chromatids of homologous chromosomes
- Internode elongation just prior to flowering
6. Distinguish between the protonema and prothallus
7. A plant when placed in a concentrated sucrose solution, shrink after a few hours. Identify the physical phenomenon that leads to the shrinkage of cells and justify your answer
8. Observe the diagram below:
Analyze the diagram and explain the structure of the plasma membrane.
9. Observe the floral diagram given below:
- Identify the family
- Write any four floral characteristics of the identified family
10. “Respiration is an amphibolic pathway”. Evaluate the statement.
Zoology Important Questions
11, Molecular structure of 2 amino acids are given below:
- Name them
12. Select the bones of the leg from the given list of bones.
Humerus, Tibia, Radius, Femur, Tarsals, Ulna, Fibula, Carpels
13. Diagrammatic representation of a standard ECG is given below:
- What does the QRS Complex denotes?
- Mention the clinical significance of ECG
14. Match the terms in Column A with those in Column B and C.
15. Protein digestion by proteolytic enzymes is given below:
- Name the enzymes marked as A and B
- Identify the gland which secretes these enzymes
- Write the inactive form of the enzymes A and B
16. Diagram of an animal is shown below:
Identify its symmetry.
17. “In cockroaches a special mode of vision is noticed”.
- Write the speciality of vision in cockroach
- Name the organ and its basic units that perform vision in cockroach
18. Metabolites are organic compounds constantly utilized in various metabolic activities in the cells.
- What are the 2 types of metabolites in the cells?
- Give an example for each type of metabolites.
19. Observe the diagram carefully and answer the following questions:
- Label the parts marked as A. B, C and D.
- Identify the photoreceptor cells present in the human eye
20. “The functioning of a human kidney is efficiently monitored and regulated by hormonal actions of hypothalamus pituitary, JGA and to a certain extent by heart.”
- Do you agree with this statement?
- Justify the answer with suitable reasons.
You can reach out to board of higher secondary examination kerala address to know more about the class 12 exams.