The Kerala Board of Public Examination or KBPE conducts the Class 10 or SSLC exams in Kerala. In addition to this the Kerala SSLC board also specifies the course syllabus and also prescribes books for the schools under the Kerala Board. The Class 10 board exams are extremely important for students. Students need to pass the exams and score good marks to get promoted to Class 11.
To help students prepare well for the exam and perform better, we’ve put together a list of exam resources. This includes the KBPE Class 10 syllabus, textbooks, exam timetable, sample question papers and more.
Table of Contents
- Latest News
- About the Kerala SSLC Board
- Overview of the Kerala SSLC Board
- Kerala SSLC Board Exam Resources
- Kerala Board SSLC Results and Result Analysis
- The Kerala 10th Board SSLC exam 2022 timetable has been released for March 2022. Check the Kerala Board SSLC timetable to know more.
- The Kerala THSLC (Technical High School Leaving Certificate) exam 2022 timetable has been released for March 2022.
- The Kerala AHSLC (Art High School Leaving Certificate) exam 2022 timetable has been released for March 2022.
- The Kerala 10th Board SSLC exam 2022 timetable has been released for March 2022 for Hearing Impaired Candidates.
About the Kerala SSLC Board
The KBPE (Kerala Board of Public Examination) conducts the SSLC (Class 10) examination in the state. Kerala SSLC board exams are a crucial part of a student’s academic life. Students can only secure a seat for Class 11 in a school or institution after they pass the Class 10 exams. The KBPE SSLC exams are conducted in the month of March every year. Read on to learn more about the functions and responsibilities of the Kerala Board.
Functions of KBPE SSLC Board
Here is a list of the other functions performed by the Kerala Class 10 Board:
- Forming, and implementing the rules and regulations in accordance with the guidelines set by the State and Central board
- Implementing the syllabus/curriculum of all the grades
- Implementing the exam schedule, textbooks, question papers etc
- Conducting examinations and announcing the results
Overview of the Kerala SSLC Board
Here is an overview of the KBPE SSLC Board:
|Kerala SSLC Exam 2022
|KBPE (Kerala Board of Public Examination)
|March 31, 2022 to April 29, 2022
|Number of Students
|Approximately 5 lakhs
|Tentative Result Date
Kerala SSLC Board Exam Resources
We at BYJU’S understand the importance of passing the Kerala Board Class 10 exams. To help students prepare for the exams, we’ve compiled the Kerala SSLC Board exam resources. This includes syllabus, list of textbooks, exam dates, time tables, results, question papers etc to help students prepare for the SSLC board exam.
Study Materials for KBPE Class 10
Here is a list of study materials including the syllabus, textbooks, exam pattern, question papers etc to help students prepare for the Kerala Board SSLC exam.
Kerala Board Class 10 Syllabus
KBPE SSLC Board Syllabus provides an overview of the course by giving a brief idea of the topics included and their description. The Kerala Board Class 10 syllabus is created according to the guidelines received by the board. Topics are covered following a thorough filtration from a variety of resources and careful introspection and references from experts. Referring to the Kerala SSLC syllabus helps students prepare better for the board exams. Click on the link below to download the syllabus for KBPE Class 10.
|KBPE Syllabus for Class 10
Kerala SSLC Textbooks
The KBPE SCERT textbooks for Class 10 act as a guide for students to learn and prepare for the Class 10 exam. Here is a list of the textbooks in English for Kerala SSLC:
- Kerala Board Class 10 Social Science 1 Textbook-Part 1
- Kerala Board Class 10 Social Science 1 Textbook-Part 2
- Kerala Board Class 10 Social Science 2 Textbook-Part 1
- Kerala Board Class 10 Social Science 2 Textbook-Part 2
- Kerala Board Class 10 Physics Textbook Part 1
- Kerala Board Class 10 Physics Textbook Part 2
- Kerala Board Class 10 Chemistry Textbook Part 1
- Kerala Board Class 10 Chemistry Textbook-Part 2
- Kerala Board Class 10 Mathematics Textbook Part 1
- Kerala Board Class 10 Mathematics Textbook Part 2
- Kerala Board Class 10 Biology Textbook-Part 1
- Kerala Board Class 10 Biology Textbook-Part 2
KBPE SSLC Sample Papers
KBPE SSLC model question papers are one of the best ways for Class 10 students to prepare for the board exam. Solving these papers helps them understand the exam paper pattern, marks distribution and frequently asked questions. It also helps them learn to manage their time and answer all the questions within the exam duration and also increases their confidence. Here is a list of Kerala SSLC sample question papers for Maths, Chemistry, Biology and Physics.
- Kerala Board Model Question Paper For Class 10 Maths
- Kerala Board Model Question Paper For Class 10 Chemistry
- Kerala Board Model Question Paper For Class 10 Biology
- Kerala Board Model Question Paper For Class 10 Physics
KBPE Class 10 Exam Timetable
The KBPE Class 10 timetable plays an important role in helping students prepare for the SSLC board examinations. It gives students the details of the exam schedule including the date and time of the exam. This year, the KBPE Class 10 Board exam is scheduled to start on 31st March 2022 and end on 29th April 2022.
Kerala Board Class 10 Previous Year’s Question Papers
The question papers that appeared in the previous years board exams are also a great asset for students. Solving these question papers helps students prepare better for the exams. It helps them learn the different kinds of questions asked in a chapter under different question types. For example, MCQs, short answer questions, long answer questions, essays etc. Here is a subject-wise list of Kerala SSLC previous years question papers:
Kerala Board SSLC Exam Pattern
Understanding the exam pattern is very important. It helps students understand the pattern of the question paper, the exam duration, the total amount of marks and the passing marks.
Total Marks in SSLC Kerala
In the Kerala State Board SSLC exams, the total marks for English, Social Science and Mathematics score is 80. While the total marks for Hindi, Physics, Chemistry and Biology is 40, except Information Technology. The total marks for written examination is 490, internal assessment is 130 and IT practicals is 20. The total marks for the Kerala Board Class 10 examination is 640.
Passing Marks in SSLC Kerala
Students should score at least 30% in each subject or grade D+ (30-39%) to pass the Kerala Board Class 10 examination.
Duration of SSLC Exams
This year, the Kerala SSLC exam starts on 31st March 2022 and continues till 29th April 2022. The English, Social Science and Mathematics exams will be conducted for 2.5 hours. Hindi, Chemistry, Physics and Biology Exams will be conducted for 1.5 hours. Check the table below to find the total marks and number of questions for each subject.
|Number of questions in the paper
Kerala SSLC Results and Result Analysis
The KBPE announces the results for the Kerala SSLC board exams once the exams are finished. The results for the SSLC board exam are released online on their official website: keralaresults.nic.in and dhsekerala.gov.in. Read on to find a comparison of the Kerala SSLC results from the past few years.
SSLC Kerala Year-wise Comparison
Exam statistics of KBPE SSLC (class 10) exam below:
The pass percentage trend over the years is also given below:
Students can also refer to the below resources from here:
|Kerala Board Time-Table
|Kerala Board Class 10 Sample Paper
Frequently Asked Questions on Kerala SSLC Board
What is the Class 10 examination called in Kerala?
The class 10 board examination, which is conducted by the Kerala Board of Public Examinations or KBPE, is called SSLC in Kerala.
When is the KBPE SSLC Board Exam conducted?
The KBPE conducts the Class 10 board examination in the month of March/April in affiliated schools.
What is the minimum percentage required to pass the Kerala Board Class 10 exam?
Students should score a minimum of 30% marks in each subject to pass the Kerala SSLC examination.
What is the eligibility criteria for students to write the Kerala Board SSLC exam?
The student should have the minimum required attendance as specified by the Kerala Board. He or she must be enrolled in a KBPE affiliated school and should’ve passed Class 9.