Have some great ideas, opinions and suggestions you wish you could share so that it could reach readers all around the world? One of the best ways to get your thoughts across the globe is by writing an article. There are techniques you can use to write the different types of articles. This piece on article writing will give you all the tips and tricks you need to master before you start writing your article.
Table of Contents
- The Art of Writing an Article
- How Do I Write a Good Article? – Tips and Techniques
- Article Writing Samples
- FAQs on Article Writing
The Art of Writing an Article
An article is a piece of writing which explicates ideas, thoughts, facts, suggestions and/or recommendations based on a particular topic. There are different kinds of articles, namely:
- Expository article – The most common type of article which allows the writer to put out information on any particular topic without the influence of their opinions.
- Argumentative article – An article in which an author poses a problem or an issue, renders a solution to the proposed problem and provides arguments to justify why their suggestions/solutions are good.
- Narrative article – An article in which the author has to narrate mostly in the form of a story.
- Descriptive article – An article written with the aim of providing a vivid description that would allow the readers to visualise whatever is being described. Using the right adjectives/adjective phrases is what will help you write a descriptive article.
- Persuasive article – An article aimed at persuading or convincing the readers to accept an idea or a point of view.
Writing an article takes a lot of effort on the side of the writer. Content writers/creators, bloggers, freelance writers and copywriters are people who have mastered the art of article writing, without which they would not be able to make their mark as a writer of any kind.
How Do I Write a Good Article? – Tips and Techniques
In order to be able to write an article that makes sense in the first place, you have to keep a few things in mind.
- The first and foremost thing that you have to take care of when you are sitting down to write your article is to check if you are well aware of the topic you are going to write on.
- The second thing that you have to ask yourself is why you are writing the article.
- The next thing that you have to focus on is the kind of audience you are writing the article for because unless you know your audience, you will not be able to write it in a way that makes them want to read it.
- The language you use is very important because, without the right spelling, correct grammar, punctuation and sensible sentence structure, the article would not be able to sell itself.
- Use keywords so that you get a good number of reading audiences.
- Maintain coherence within and between paragraphs.
- Double-check the data and information you provide, irrespective of the type of article.
- Keep the title and description as short and catchy as possible.
- Edit and proofread before it is published.
Article Writing Samples
To help you understand better and practise the art of article writing, read through the articles given below:
FAQs on Article Writing
Can I write a good article?
If you know all the information about the topic you are going to write about, a good hand over the language, a knack to keep it simple and interesting throughout, you can write a good article.
What is the format of an article?
The article should have a title/heading and a description that states what the article is about. The body of the article can be split into 3 to 5 paragraphs according to the volume of content with respect to the topic you are discussing. You can have subheadings and use bullet points wherever possible. Make sure your introduction makes people want to read the whole article and your conclusion leaves them satisfied.
How many paragraphs should there be in an article?
An article should have a minimum of 3 to 4 paragraphs. The writer is, however, given the choice to present the content in more than four paragraphs, if it would be better for the article.