The CAT Geometry Questions are the most important chapter of the QA section. The exam-conducting body asks these questions to judge candidates’ concepts of circles, triangles, polygons, and other geometry-related questions. So, if you are preparing for CAT 2023, then practised CAT Geometry Questions without forgetting.
Considering the last year’s analysis, the candidates can expect 3-4 Geometry Questions for CAT on the exam date. In this article, we have shared all the important details for CAT Geometry that you must be aware of before starting preparation.
Geometry Questions for CAT – Overview
Are you preparing for the CAT exam this year and being driven up the wall? It is natural for people to get stressed at this time; however, with a systematic approach, things can get simple. Quantitative analysis is one of the areas where a lot of stress is given. Read our tips and tricks that will help you focus more on algebra and CAT Geometry Questions.
The difficulty level of these questions is usually easy to moderate; however, conceptual clarity is the key to solve CAT Geometry Questions accurately and quickly. So, prepare all the important formulas and shortcut tricks for CAT preparation for this section.
CAT Coordinate Geometry Questions Concepts
Geometry is one of the important topics of the CAT Quantitative Aptitude section. Some of the topics that need to be practised parallelly along with coordinate CAT geometry are circles, parallel lines and triangles out of which congruency and similarity of triangles are quite stressed upon.
Like any other section, this section needs a lot of practice. Try to solve as many online CAT mock tests/CAT model tests as possible to get familiar with the tips & tricks for CAT geometry questions. Learn all the basic geometrical formulas and coordinate geometry formulas as knowing all the CAT formulas will help you solve the problems easily.
CAT Geometry Questions Important Chapters
In order to ace the CAT geometry questions, candidates must learn critical concepts and formulas. To gain a general idea of the subjects that must be covered to ace this section, take note of the following points.
- Distance between two lines
- Line and Circular Equation
- Quadrant System
- Angles and their types and formulas
- Volume and Surface Area
Geometry Questions for CAT – Formulas to be Studied
The CAT Quantitative Aptitude Section includes a section on geometry that comprises of various formulas and theorems. Therefore, it is crucial to prepare these formulas and theorems to quickly solve and successfully complete all geometry questions for CAT.
- x^2+y^2+2gx+2fy+c=0: It is the general equation of the circle.
- The Pythagorean Theorem When B=900, a right-angled triangle ABC has AC^2 = AB^2 + BC^2.
- The Apollonius Theorem states that if side AD of a triangle ABC is the median to that side, then 2(AD^2+BD^2) = AC^2 + AB^2.
- Any two comparable triangles: Ratio of sides, medians, heights, circumradii, and angular bisectors are all related terms.
- The square of the side ratio equals the area ratio. Similarity tests: AA, SSS, and SAS
How to Prepare CAT Geometry Questions – Experts Tips
The most crucial stage in answering geometry questions is to have a solid understanding of the various question types and the formulae that go along with them. Here are some tips provided by experts that you can use to answer Geometry CAT questions.
- Spend at least 3 to 4 hours every day practising geometry for CAT exam and quantitative analysis as a whole. The more you spend time with the problems, the more familiar they will get.
- The candidates ought to be used to creating diagrams to answer queries. They will be able to answer the CAT geometry questions more quickly and will save time.
- Write the CAT geometry questions formulas down on a piece of paper and stick it onto the wall where you can see it regularly. It’ll help you memorize them.
- If you are stuck with a geometry question, don’t waste your time trying to solve it right away. Instead, get on with the others and come back to the question when you are done with the rest.
- Candidates should search for CAT geometry questions that call for the use of numerous formulas and concepts.
- The candidates must complete the CAT Previous Year Question Paper in order to have a sense of the kinds of geometry questions that will be asked in the CAT.
- Serial CAT topper Byju Raveendran who heads BYJU’S Classes says that CAT Geometry is the easiest of all the sections if one practices with a clear mind. It is a combination of numbers and diagrams.
The Geometry in CAT is one of the easiest sections of QA, if you spend enough time preparing for it, you can easily secure 30% and increase your overall CAT score. Check geometry questions to practice different questions and prepare for this topic effectively.
Watch Understanding Geometry for CAT from this video and learn the tricks and tips by BYJU’S, useful for solving CAT Geometry questions in a jiffy.
Stay tuned to BYJU’S for the latest updates on the CAT examination, get all the study materials and interactive videos to start your CAT exam preparation from scratch.
Frequently Asked Questions on CAT Geometry Questions
What is the difficulty level of CAT Geometry Questions?
The difficulty level of CAT geometry questions is usually moderate to difficult. If you prepare well then you can easily solve these questions accurately on CAT exam date.
Is trigonometry the part of Geometry Questions for CAT?
Yes, it is included in the Geometry Questions for CAT. Prepare all the important formulas and shortcut tricks to complete these questions.
Is it compulsory to prepare CAT Geometry Questions?
Yes, the candidates must not skip CAT geometry questions as this is a compulsory section.
How do I prepare for CAT geometry?
The candidates can solve last years’ question papers to prepare for CAT geometry. It will help them to understand the important topics to be covered in this section.
How many CAT geometry questions can be expected?
You can expect 3-5 CAT geometry questions in the question paper.