IIMK is one of the 19th Indian Institutes of Management set up by the Government of India. The Institute, founded in 1996 in collaboration with the State Government of Kerala, was the 5th IIM to be established in Kozhikode (Calicut).
Some of the salient features of education from IIMK are listed below.
Teaching Faculty & Student Options:
The institute employs 48 full-time faculty members in economics, finance and accounting, managerial communication, general management, organizational behaviour and human resources, quantitative methods, and operations management, information technology and systems and strategic management departments. IIM Kozhikode offers student exchange programmes with European Business School, Germany; Copenhagen Business School, ESCP-EAP Paris; Bocconi University, Jonkoping International Business School, Leipzig Graduate School of Management, Leeds University Business School, University of Queensland, BEM – Bordeaux Management School, Euromed Management, IESEG School of Management, Rouen Business School, Reims Management School, EDHEC Business School (Ecole des Hautes Etudes Commerciales du Nord), ESSCA Angers and Norwegian School of Economics & Business Administration. Both the full time and part time faculty members have extensive experience in their respective fields of study and research.
Academic programs include the following Post Graduate Programmes such as :
- PGPM (Post Graduate Programme in Management);
- EPGP (Executive Post Graduate Programme);
- MDP( Management Development Programme);
- FDP (Faculty Development Programme) and
- the Fellow Programme in Management (FPM), which is a doctoral program.
The programs are accredited by the Global Accreditation body AMBA. IIMK also provides customized programs for executives and open programs. The executive programs are taught to the individuals in an interactive learning platform so that they can access the content and classes from the centers available at their location. This enables working professionals to study and meet their career objectives. You have the options to pursue a two year post graduate diploma programme in management or a one year certification program in Operations, Marketing, Strategy, Finance, Human Resources and IT. Although the majority of the learning happens through the online learning modules available all of these programs also have one in-campus module which the students must attend. In this module you will learn more about management practices, trends in the business and industry.
|Check out the GMAT Eligibility Criteria for 2019|
- A bachelor’s degree after completing school level education i.e. (10th + 12th + Graduation). The applicants must hold at least 50% in graduation from any discipline.
- The equivalent CGPA should also not be less than 50%
- Final year university students can also apply after submitting a special certificate
- There is also a need for PGP producing a certificate from the High Commission of India that should provide an evidence for your residence in India for the last eighteen months or so
- Score in GMAT should be no less than 700
- The candidates whose score in GMAT is below than the mentioned score are supposed to appear for EMAT. The final list is displayed in the merit list that is presented after the final process of interviews. It is just given a general overview; the criteria for different programs are different.
Despite being the newest IIMs, IIMK has built a great reputation for quality education, pragmatic teaching module and industries engagement resulting in good placement records. The classrooms at IIM K are designed and equipped with state of the art computers, multimedia projectors and other audio visual tools which make learning an interesting and interactive experience for the students. All of the classrooms have Wifi enabled and Video conferencing facilities as well. The library boasts of a wide range of both print and digital resources. You will gain access to all the latest management publications. In addition to this at IIM K you can use powerful computers to assist you with all your diverse requirements including searching for information for projects and research material from vast amounts of data, access to bibliographic data etc.
Cost of Education:
IIMK charges affordable fees for its offered courses. Costs vary across programs starting with INR 8 lakhs plus for a regular full-time course to up to INR 27 lakhs plus executive courses. The institute also offers grants and scholarships for meritorious students in association with trusts including Sir Ratan Tata Trust, etc. You will have to check the requirements you will have to satisfy to be able to gain these scholarships. Ensure to submit your applications well in advance so that you have an increased chance of being granted the same.
Placements & Alumni Networks:
IIM’s have the distinction of being one of the oldest management institutes in India. This history along with extremely high calibre of its students have allowed it to attract top companies globally looking for talent. IIM alumni have spread across the world and support the different IIM colleges with knowledge, grants and supporting placements. In conclusion, IIMK offers one of the highest standards in management education in India. Some of the recent recruiters are :
Abbott ABG ABN AMRO Accenture Amazon American Express Aon-Hewitt Arvind Lifestyle Asian Paints Avalon Consulting Axis Bank Bajaj Bank of America Barclays The Boston Consulting Group Berger Paints Bosch Britannia Capita Care Ratings Cipla Citibank Cognizant Business Consulting, Credit Suisse CRISIL Dabur DCBDE Shaw DellDeloitte Deutsche Bank Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Edelweiss Financial Services Emami Essar EXL Services EY Fidelity Investments.
IIM- K also boasts of an international student exchange program and has partnered with many renowned institutes across the globe. This program is open to candidates from the second year and it also provides the students with much required exposure to different cultures and new pedagogy techniques. Such candidates will be tested in a global environment which is essential for the future global managers. Some of the partner universities are listed below :
- Abu Dhabi University,
- Thailand Audencia Nantes School of Management,
- Abu Dhabi Asian Institute of Technology,
- France Bocconi University,
- Italy Catolica Lisbon School of Business and Economics,
- Portugal College of Commerce,
- Austria National Tsing Hua University
- Taiwan Cyprus International Institute of Management,
- Germany Foreign Trade University,
- France EM Strasbourg Business School,
- UK Leipzig Graduate School of Management
- Norway Plymouth University, United
- France European Business School,
- Vietnam Group ESC Troyes,
- France ICN Business School,
- France IESEG School of Management, Lille,
- France Leeds University Business School,
- Taiwan Neoma Business School
BYJU’S will be glad to help you in your GMAT preparation journey. You can ask for any assistance related to GMAT and MBA from us by just giving a missed call at +918884544444, or you can drop an SMS. You can write to us at email@example.com.
|Top Trending GMAT 2019 Articles|
|GMAT 2019||GMAT Study Materials 2019||GMAT Preparation 2019|
|GMAT Syllabus 2019||GMAT Quantitative Syllabus||Length of GMAT: 2019|
|GMAT Mock Test||Benefits of GMAT Exam||GMAT Question Papers|