CAT Exam Books 2023: Studying the best books for CAT preparation 2023 is an integral part of your preparation process. You may know that CAT is one of the most popular management entrance exams in India. So to score well and grab a seat in the top B-schools in India, you must complete your preparation by following the best CAT Books as suggested by our experts and toppers of past years.
Additionally, CAT is the most competitive exam in the country. So, it is important to study the best CAT Preparation books and be dedicated to exam preparation. The candidates planning to take part in the upcoming CAT 2023 should start their preparation with the help of top CAT Books.
Read the article below and get a list of top CAT Exam Books and start your preparation as earliest.
What are CAT Books?
Experts say that CAT Exam Books are the most important and must-have learning resources. CAT Preparation Books consist of all the chapters and topics required to be completed for complete preparation. Besides, CAT Books also contain important formulas and important shortcut tricks that the candidates must know to score good marks in the exam.
When lakhs of candidates are preparing rigorously for the exam to get into the top B-Schools, having the best CAT Exam Books 2023 and consistency in preparation is essential. In this article, some of the best CAT preparation books for VARC, QA, and DILR are mentioned, which the aspirants can refer to for their CAT Exam Preparation.
CAT Exam 2023 Books Highlights
The candidates enrolled in various CAT Coaching institutes, generally, get CAT books prepared by the institutes. Those CAT Exam Books are authored by the faculty of the respective institutes and include various questions and sample papers. However, some candidates still prefer to learn further and search for other materials to enhance their skills.
Self-preparing candidates might find it difficult to collect proper books for CAT exam 2023 and end up slowing their preparation pace. Thus, listed here are some best CAT Books for preparation, to help the candidates find the best materials and start with their preparation.
Best Books for CAT Preparation – Factors to be Considered
There are numerous resources and materials available for preparation, but the right choice of CAT Books, persistent practice, along with continuous guidance from mentors, are the variables that will determine your success. Before choosing the right CAT Books 2023, candidates need to take certain factors into consideration.
- For the most up-to-date CAT Study Material, aspirants should always study from the most recent editions of books. The best CAT Books are always written in simple language that is easy to comprehend. The most recent editions of the books include updates on the most recent topics and questions based on trends from the CAT Previous Year Papers.
- Check that the CAT Exam Books contain rich quality content, cover all subject areas, and include all time-saving shortcuts and strategies.
- Before purchasing the section-wise CAT Books or deciding which are the best books for CAT preparation, a candidate should closely review the book to see if it has practice questions of varying difficulty levels.
- Examine whether there are previous years’ question papers from the last five years with answer keys, as well as a considerable number of mock test papers with detailed solutions.
- Always look for the best CAT books recommended by toppers or exam aspirants or candidates from your peer group who have passed the exam.
- Refer to CAT Exam Books published by renowned writers or publications. It is always advisable to purchase books written by well-known authors.
In light of this, it is important to keep in mind when selecting the best CAT preparation books that they should be familiar with the new exam format and level of difficulty.
CAT Preparation Books for Quantitative Aptitude
The Quantitative Aptitude section comprises almost 22-24 questions from diverse mathematical topics. The numerical questions in this section should be practised well, and it is crucial to learn shortcut techniques to solve them quickly and with ease. Some suggested CAT Books for QA are mentioned here:
- How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT by Arun Sharma – This CAT Exam Book is published by TMH publications and is considered one of the best books to prepare for the numerical section. The book explains most of the fundamental topics along with various examples. The exercises comprise three sections based on the difficulty level, which makes it an excellent book for the initial preparation stage.
- Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT by Nishit K. Sinha – Published by Pearson Education, this book covers various questions from different concepts. The questions require in-depth concepts to solve, and thus the candidates can quickly evaluate their level of preparation. These CAT Books also come with a CD where the candidates can take various online tests.
- Quantitative Aptitude for All Competitive Examinations by Abhijit Guha – These CAT Exam Books are also published by TMH and covers almost all topics in a way that makes understanding easy. The questions are properly segregated topic-wise with numerous questions and detailed solutions.
CAT Books for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
The Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension is an integral section of the CAT exam as the questions test English language skills, along with grammar and vocabulary. Reading comprehension includes questions that require candidates to understand the passage completely. Here, some books are suggested to help candidates prepare well.
- How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for CAT by Arun Sharma and Meenakshi Upadhyay – This TMH-published CAT Book focuses on guiding the candidates to attempt different VAR and RC-related questions with ease. Various tips and tricks are explained to help the candidates tackle different questions easily. The book also includes the latest question pattern, so that the aspirants can acquaint themselves with the exam pattern.
- A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning by R.S. Aggarwal – Published by S. Chand Publications – These CAT Books are written in a very easy-to-understand language with simple explanations. Almost every topic is covered along with numerous sample questions to help the candidates learn intelligently by providing various faster and shorter techniques.
- Trishna’s Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning for the CAT and Other MBA Examinations – by T.I.M.E – These CAT Preparation Books help candidates understand and implement various techniques to solve questions faster and with ease. It is always considered the best book for CAT exam preparation by many successful aspirants with detailed explanations and various practice tests. The book is published by Pearson.
CAT Exam Books for Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
The Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning can be considered an easy-scoring but time-consuming section in the CAT exam. The candidates are expected to solve various questions more efficiently. Here are some CAT Books to help the candidates prepare DI and LR effectively.
- Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation for the CAT by Nishit K. Sinha – Published by Pearson publication, this CAT Preparation Book covers the most advanced and fundamental topics in DI and LR. The candidates can quickly master the topics and solve the questions much faster with various solved examples and exercises.
- How To Prepare For The Data Interpretation And Logical Reasoning For The CAT by Arun Sharma – These CAT Exam Books by TMH publication cover all the topics with useful descriptive diagrams, flowcharts, and tables. The candidates can also get separate books for DI and LR, which are equally suitable for preparation.
You can also refer to the following best books for CAT Preparation that will help to strengthen their preparation and stay updated with current affairs:
|CAT Books & Resources||Authors|
|High School English & Grammar||Wren & Martin|
|Word Power Made Easy||Norman Lewis|
|Newspapers & Magazines||The Economic Times, The Hindu, The Times, The Frontline, Outlook Business|
Important of Choosing the Best CAT Books Lists for Preparation
It goes without saying that a candidate will be well-prepared with a relevant reading list. Here are some explanations of why you should take your time selecting the top CAT Exam Books for preparation.
- The most recent CAT books will take into account the changes in curriculum and exam patterns and incorporate them into the book.
- Due to their correctness and clear explanations, the right books will help you avoid wasting time reading and preparing.
- A list of best books for CAT recommended by toppers means you’ll be able to pinpoint your areas of weakness and make speedy progress using the tips and tactics the authors share with you.
- The majority of the publications for best books for CAT preparation include sample tests, chapter-wise exercises and tests from prior years, giving students a better understanding of how they should prepare and what to expect on the exam.
- Before moving on to practice questions, fundamentals and basic ideas must be completely understood. These CAT books will improve your foundation and aid in exam success.
CAT Exam Books – How to Do Preparation with It?
Here are some tips that you can follow to study CAT Books and utilize them in your preparation.
- First of all, you must be aware of the latest CAT pattern and topics to be studied for the exam.
- Select the best books for CAT recommended by toppers and have high ratings given by the experts.
- Do daily revisions of the chapters and topics you have already studied from your CAT Exam preparation books
- Solve chapter-wise exercises in CAT books without any forgot.
- If you face any difficulties and have questions contact our exam experts. They will help you to know your answers instantly.
- If you face any queries about the chapters in CAT Preparation books try to resolve them quickly. Because asking questions about the issues is crucial to improving their conceptual clarity.
With these CAT books, candidates can enhance their CAT 2023 preparation and obtain the expected scores to gain admission to the country’s top B-schools. Additionally, applicants can refer to our video lessons to visualise and understand the concepts better.
With proper CAT preparation books, study materials and dedication, aspirants can easily ace the exam and follow their dream of pursuing an MBA. To know more about the CAT exam, the latest notifications and the CAT exam pattern, stay tuned to BYJU’S.
Frequently Asked Questions on CAT Books
Which are the best Books for CAT Preparation?
CAT Books by Arun Sharma, Sarvesh Varma, Nishit K Sinha, Wren & Martin, and Word Power Made Easy are highly suggested for CAT 2023 preparation. They feature a big quantity and a wide variety of sample questions for practice.
Are CAT Exam Books important to study?
Yes, the candidates must study from the best CAT Exam Books. It will help them to know the chapter-wise concepts thoroughly and to score well in the exam.
Which CAT Book should I study for English grammar?
Wren and Martin’s High School English Grammar is a fantastic resource for improving your grammar. Candidates should use this CAT book to improve their knowledge of English grammar basics.
How many CAT books are there in the market?
There is an unlimited list of CAT Books available in the market. So choose the best books for CAT 2023 preparation very wisely.
Do CAT exam books that are available in the market have chapter-wise exercises and sample questions?
Yes, CAT exam books include sample questions, chapter-wise exercises and solutions to help applicants properly prepare. The majority of CAT books provide hundreds of sample questions in several subject areas with easy, moderate, and high degrees of difficulty
Are Arun Sharma’s CAT books enough for preparation?
Arun Sharma’s CAT books are thorough and explain ideas simply so that they are simple to comprehend. Additionally, it includes test papers with questions ranging in difficulty from easy to challenging, which can be extremely beneficial when preparing for the CAT 2023.
Which are the best CAT preparation books for beginners?
The beginners can follow NCERT books, and English Grammar books by Wren & Martin to clear their basics first. Because conceptual clarity is important to ace the CAT exam with a good score.
Which are the best books for CAT self preparation?
The candidates must follow both the fiction and non-fiction books for self preparation for RC passages.
Which CAT maths book should an aspirant follow at the beginner level?
The beginners can follow the NCERT math book for classes 8, 9 and 10 to get better conceptual clarity.
Which is the best CAT aptitude Book?
As per the expert’s recommendation, the best CAT aptitude book is: How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT – Arun Sharma and Quantitative Aptitude for All Competitive Examinations – Abhijit Guha.