Automobiles that use diesel or gasoline-powered engines emit a considerable amount of carbon dioxide, which is a primary culprit in global warming. Electric cars have proven to be the solution to the negative environmental impact of conventional cars. In the next section, know what an electric car is and how to build your electric car for school projects.
What is an Electric Car?
An electric car is a plug-in electric automobile that is propelled by one or more electric motors using the energy stored in rechargeable batteries. The electric cars can be charged at a variety of charging centres installed at public places and houses. In the article, we have provided detailed steps to help you build your own electric car.
Electric Car Project
In the electric car project given here, the transmission of the force from the motor to a wheel axle is carried through two gears and a rubber band that acts as a belt.
To power up the car, we are using a battery in this experiment and a paper clip as a switch that connects and disconnects the circuit. The chassis of the car is made of plastic board, instead of the plastic wooden piece can be used as a chassis. Make sure the chassis is lighter so that the car moves forward effortlessly.
After completing this project, you will explore many things, including a simple propulsion method of physics, design concepts, a concept of converting stored chemical energy into mechanical energy and a simple electric circuit.
How To Make A Electric Car For School Project?
- A plastic board for car chassis
- Four wheels
- Four tire rings
- Battery holder
- Electric motor
- Motor mount
- Transmission pulley
- Rubber bands
- Paper clips
- Cut the plastic board for car chassis
- Cut the straw into 4 equal pieces
- Make axles by drawing two lines and also mark two points that should be 6 mm away from all four sides.
- Now, insert eye screw on each of the points, this act as a holder for the axles.
- Ensure the alignment of axles are straight and spin them freely. Now use the four-piece of straw and place them as a spacer between wheel and chassis.
- After making space for the wheels, now insert wheels on all four sides. One the back wheel you need to insert a gear or a pulley to make it spin as the according to the motor.
- Use a paper clip as a switch, fix it on the plastic base and secure it in a way that the head of the paper clip is on the side.
- Place the batter with the mount and fix it on the base. Now connect one wire to the paper clip.
- Fix the motor with mount and place it securely next to the battery. Connect one wire to the battery and another to the switch.
- Now place the rubber band – one end on the motor and another to the rear wheel gear. That’s it, move the paper clip to start the motor, your electric car is ready.
The electric car is an example of an alternative transport facility. Due to the lack of supply in oil and petroleum products, the cost of transport has increased as well as an increase in environmental pollution. By this project, it is proved that an electric car can be a significant method of transport alternative to the vehicles on petroleum products as fuel. This project will explore majorly on new concept simple propulsion method of force and motion and converting stored chemical energy into mechanical energy.