Physics concept questions or concept checking questions are questions prepared to examine learners’ understanding of core physics topics.
Asking questions is one of the fundamental ways of understanding any physics topic. If students can answer all such questions, they have understood the concept well. Concept questions will help students to learn core concepts in minute detail.
Concept questions have a contrasting nature compared to common homework and exam problems in physics. Such “plugin” problems do not deepen or test the understanding of how formulas and concepts should work in tandem. Most of the time, it only requires applying numerical values in formulas and equations.
Concept questions require more than simple recall. They require students to process answers or examine a problem to choose the essential mathematical tools to reach the correct solution. Numerous concept questions are non-quantitative. Some may have different answers.
Here is the list of questions and answers on various core physics concepts to help you understand the fundamentals in detail.
List of Concept-Wise Physics Questions and Answers
Benefits of Concept Questions
- Concept questions cover all the aspects of the meaning of the concept.
- It will ensure that the students grasp each topic in the core concept, and resolve all issues on topics they have just studied.
- Concept questions give an excellent complement to normal numerical problems as they require minimal or zero calculations, and instead allow the learners to become more familiar with the underlying fundamental concepts (example: how concepts relate to formulas).
- It allows students to apply fundamental concepts to new complicated situations.
- It enables students to identify the basic concepts to understand which method to invoke to solve numerical problems.
- It allows students to visualise the physical system and apply it to conclude.
- It enables students to arrive at multiple acceptable answers to a question.
- Ultimately such questions will allow students to prepare for class evaluations and exams. By thoroughly studying the concept questions and answers, students will develop a solid base to learn complicated physics problems quickly.
- Class 12 Physics Chapterwise Important Questions
- Class 11 Physics Chapterwise Important Questions
- Class 12 Physics MCQs
- Class 11 Physics MCQs
- Class 10 Physics MCQs
- Class 9 Physics MCQs
At BYJU’S, our learning approach combines world-class teachers, innovative technology, proven pedagogical methods and data science to deliver personalized learning, feedback, and assessment to students. Stay tuned to BYJU’S and KEEP FALLING IN LOVE WITH LEARNING!