What is CAT 2015 exam date and time?
CAT exam is conducted in the month of November each year. In 2015, the exam due date is 29th November 2015. The important dates regarding CAT exam can be viewed in official CAT website.
|August 6, 2015||Commencement of CAT 2015 registrations|
|October 25, 2015||CAT 2015 admit card download|
|November 29, 2015||CAT Exam Test Day|
The exam will have a different pattern in 2015. CAT Exam syllabus being the same as always, the exam pattern in 2015 will be:-
Important changes in CAT pattern should be kept in mind. They are as follows:-
- The test will not contain 100% MCQ type questions. The candidates will have to type the answers in some questions.
- Every correct answer is awarded +3 marks and for every incorrect answer, 1 mark is deducted. However, there is no negative marking for the questions where candidates are supposed to type the answer.
- For the first time in CAT exam, scientific calculator is allowed. This will be an on-screen calculator.
- The 2015 CAT exam pattern does not give the liberty to its candidates to switch between the sections. A candidate has to attempt the sections in order- VA, DI & LR, QA.
- 60 minutes will be allotted for each section, making a total of 180 minute test ( in CAT 2014, total time allotted was 170 minutes)
- To qualify in CAT, one needs to clear sectional wise cutoff as well as individual cutoff.
- The exam date is 29th November 2015 and exam time is divided into two slots:-
- 9am to 12pm
- 2pm to 5pm
Let us have a look at CAT 14 paper:
The paper consisted of 2 sections:
Section 1- QA and DI- 50 questions & 2- LR and VA- 50 questions
Aspirants were allowed to swap between the sections and total time allotted was 170 minutes.
If you compare CAT 15 with CAT 14, you would thus realize that CAT 15 is going to be much challenging because of 2 reasons:
- DI & LR have been clubbed into one separate section altogether. So aspirants cannot just rely on QA or VA. They have to be equally good in all 3 sections.
- You cannot swap from section to the other.
There are altogether 13 IIMs and recently 6 new IIMs have been established. Therefore, number of seats in IIMs has increased lately. Every year one of the IIMs set the paper- IIM Ahmedabad in 2015. Every year CAT pattern shows some changes in its pattern. A future CAT aspirant can expect a similar or even more challenging pattern in the coming years. Thus, it is advisable to all CAT aspirants to start their preparation one year ahead of CAT Exam so that they are well prepared and confident about their CAT preparation. Their preparation is not vulnerable to any change in exam pattern.
Mr. Byju Raveendran, serial CAT Topper and Mr. Santosh, GMAT 780 scorer has come up with an innovative mode of learning that will keep the students prepared for any challenges that would come up. The tablet mode of learning actually helps the student to focus on all the sections of CAT. All the lectures are provided at once, and whatever topic the student finds difficult, they can focus on it and reinforce their weak areas. Sections like Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning are dealt with simple methods which are easy to understand.
In conclusion, any CAT aspirant needs to be confident and learn the art of writing CAT paper and not just prepare CAT syllabus and if you are searching for such training, stay tuned with Byju’s.
Check out the videos and experience the unique style of learning with Byju’s Classes: