- Define the potential difference.
Answer: Potential Difference is defined as the work done to move a unit charge from one point to the other.
- What is the SI unit of potential difference?
Answer. The SI unit of potential difference is volt.
- Define electromotive force.
Answer: The electric potential produced by either an electrochemical cell or by changing the magnetic field is known as electromotive force.
- What is the symbol used to represent the electromotive force?
Answer: The symbol used to represent the electromotive force is ε.
- What is the formula of Ohm’s law?
Answer: The formula of Ohm’s law is V = IR.
- Is potential difference a constant?
Answer: Potential difference is not a constant.
- Can EMF be negative?
Answer: Yes, the electromotive force can be negative.
- Define terminal voltage.
Answer: Terminal voltage is defined as the potential difference across the terminals of a load when the circuit is on.
- Which instrument is used to measure the potential difference?
Answer: The potentiometer is used to measure the potential difference.
- Which instrument is used to measure the terminal voltage?
Answer: The voltmeter is used for measuring the terminal voltage.
- State true or false: The resistance of a wire is directly proportional to its length.
- What is the formula to calculate the electromotive force?
Answer: The formula to calculate the electromotive force is: ε = V + Ir.
- What is the SI unit of electric charge?
Answer: Coulomb is the SI unit of electric charge.
- Which letter is used to represent the potential difference?
Answer: The potential difference is represented by the letter ‘V’.
- Dependence Of Potential Difference Across A Resistor On Current With Graph
- Chapter Wise Physics Class 10 MCQs
- Physics Class 10 Practicals list
Know in detail about potential difference and electric circuits in an engaging and interesting way. Stay tuned to BYJU’S and Fall in Love with Learning!.