The core uses of solar panel include generating electricity from solar energy. The photons hitting the solar cell lose the electrons from their atoms and with a proper attachment of conductors in the positive and negative sides of a cell, the whole can be transformed into an electrical circuit. Electrons flowing through the circuit helps in generating electricity. A more number of cells like this makes up a solar panel and multiple panels can be paired to form a solar array.
Various uses of Solar Panel in Industries are listed below:
- Dairy: Solar Panel can be used to generate power to which can be used in the dairy industry for the process of sterilization, pressurization, concentration, drying and boiler feed water.
- Tinned Food: Here, the solar panels can provide temperature which can prove useful for processes like sterilization, pasteurization, bleaching, and cooking.
- Textile: Textile industry depends on extensive use of solar panels for efficient use of solar energy. These are used for the process like bleaching, dyeing, drying, degreasing, pressing, etc.
- Paper: In this industry, use of heat is required for various processes and uses solar panels to provide heat for the process like drying, boiler feed water, bleaching, etc.
- Chemical: These industries use solar panels for generating heat which is used for the production of soaps, synthetic rubber, processing heat, preheating water, etc.
- Beverages: We can see major uses of solar panel in beverage industries for the processes such as washing sterilization and pasteurization.
- Timber and by-products: Solar panels are used in the timber industry in the processes of drying, thermodiffusion beams, pre-heating water and in the preparation of pulp.
- Plastics: Solar panels are used to generate heat which is used in the process such as preparation, distillation, separation, extension, drying, blending, etc.
Apart from all these, making use of this kind of renewable energy by combining solar panels and making it into a solar array and connecting it with a solar inverter helps in taking the DC current from the array and using it to convert into AC current.
Important Questions On Solar Energy
Q1. Give examples where direct solar energy is used.
Ans: Direct solar energy is used for the following purposes:
- Water heating
Q2. Name the laws associated with black body radiation.
Ans: The laws that are associated with black body radiation are:
- Plank’s law
- Stefan-Boltzmann law
Q3. Name the device used to measure solar radiation flux.
Ans: Pyranometer is used for measuring the solar radiation flux.
Q4. What does the module refer to in a solar panel?
Ans: The module in a solar panel refers to the series and parallel arrangement of the solar cells.
Q5. What is the use of pyrometer?
Ans: Pyrometer is used to measure the temperature of direct and diffused radiations.
Q6. What are the uses of heliostats?
Ans: Heliostats are used as reflector mirrors for exploiting solar energy.
Q7. What is the use of pyrheliometer?
Ans: Pyrheliometer is used for measuring the direct beam solar irradiance.
These were some applications and uses of solar panels if you wish to know more, download BYJU’S The Learning App.