Most of us have heard the age-old proverb ‘health is wealth’. But has anyone ever wondered why health is considered a part of wealth? One should always be cautious about one’s health. This speech will help students give an effective short speech on health in the morning assembly. It will include all the important aspects necessary to cover in a speech about health.
- What is Health?
- How should one take care of their Health?
- Special Health precautions needed for ongoing pandemic
- FAQs on speech on Health
What is Health?
When we say the word ‘health’, what do we mean by it? Can a mentally disturbed yet physically well person be termed as healthy? As per the WHO (World Health Organisation), health is referred to the state of full mental, social and physical well being and not just the absence of mental or physical weakness or illness. So when a person doesn’t have any physical ailments and isn’t mentally disturbed, then he/she can be said to be at the top of their health. One should always try to be at the best of their health. But due to the recent Covid pandemic, it’s becoming difficult to maintain one’s health.
How Should One Take Care of Their Health?
Due to the Corona pandemic going on for the past two years, it is becoming difficult for everyone to maintain their health. But even with all the adversities, one should try to follow some simple ways that will help them stay at their best health. Let’s look at some ways that anyone can follow:
- Be it yoga or exercise, try including any of them in your routine. Yoga or exercise not only proves to be beneficial for your body but also for the mind. For the past two years, offices, as well as classes, have been conducted from home. As a result, many students and young people have developed backaches or neck problems. Adding a little yoga and exercise to your daily routine will help you get through it.
- In today’s world everybody is engrossed in mobiles or laptops, and there’s very little time that they spend without it. But sometimes, it is necessary to take a break from all these electronic and smart devices. This will help us to maintain proper mental health.
- A good night’s sleep is a much-required way if you want to maintain proper health. It’s during the night sleep that our body works to repair all the cells and make sure that our body functions properly the next day. A minimum of 8 hours of sleep is necessary for any adult being.
- This may sound like healthy advice but try to avoid processed or fried foods and make sure that your plates include enough vegetables and fruits. A healthy platter does wonders for one’s health.
- If you are feeling disturbed or upset about something, talk to your near and dear ones, and you can also consult a specialist if you need. Just like physical health, mental health is also something that is to be considered important. When we fall ill, we have medicines similarly; if someone is feeling mentally unwell, they should consult a specialist.
Special Health Precautions Needed for Ongoing Pandemic
With the Covid 19 pandemic going on for the past two years, one should take the following health precautions to avoid getting affected by the Covid 19 virus. Here are some simple steps one can follow:
- Always put on a mask whenever you step out of your home. People of all ages must wear masks mandatorily.
- Everyone should avoid going to crowded places as there remains a high risk of getting affected.
- If you feel you are affected by the virus, seclude yourself from the rest of your family members and be in constant contact with doctors.
- Try to eat healthy food and fruits that’ll help you develop proper immunity.
This speech on health will not only help one to follow the ways to maintain one’s health but will also make them realise how important health is. You will find plenty of different speech topics that will help you to prepare better for any speech competition. Students, as well as parents, can find more about it under the tab English Language at BYJU’S website.
Frequently Asked Questions on Speech on Health
What is health?
As per the WHO (World Health Organisation), health is referred to the state of full mental, social and physical well being and not just the absence of mental or physical weakness or illness.
What should one do if they feel they are affected by the virus?
If one gets affected by the virus, it’s advised to isolate oneself from the rest of the family members and be in constant contact with doctors.