This experiment is an simple example of application of pressure where it can be experimented with a use of simple household things.
- A paint or a water coloring. It is optional.
- A container of Water.
- Blue- Tak, small piece
- A photo film canister. One can get in a old camera shops for free.
- A tablet – Alka Seltzer.
- Remove the cap of a cannister. Paste the blue-tak inside the camera film cannister.
- Now paste the alka seltzer carefully to the blue-tak.
- Add water to the cannister. Note it should be filled just half the cannister.
- Close the lid tightly.
- Now you have fully loaded pocket rocket.
- Invert the canister (upside down ) and once done step back.
Once the above procedure is done carbon-dioxide starts releasing as AlKa Seltzer dissolves. Gradually there will an increase in the amount of carbon-dioxide released. Since the camera film canister is airtight, there isn’t any gap to escape. As a result pressure will be created within the cannister. Finally it pops out.