What is Buzzer?
A buzzer is understood as a device that creates an audible tone under the influence of an applied external voltage. This output may either be in the form of a buzzing or a beeping sound. This is a result of the induced rapid movements created in the diaphragm of the buzzer. Here, in the article, we discuss the step-by-step process of how to make a buzzer at home.
You may also want to check out these topics given below!
What is a Buzzer Circuit?
In this process, we would use an armature as a key (secondary) in the circuit we have. When the armature is brought or pulled down, it would disconnect the circuit. This would result in the nail losing its strength of magnetism, which would make the armature to pull back again. Also, when there is an upward movement of the armature, the closure of the circuit would happen and the cycle would repeat automatically.
Create a Flipper
- To achieve this, you would have to bend a bare copper wire. This is also called flipper as it flips the circuit off from the position on to off and vice versa. (Please note that the copper wire comes only in the advanced kits. If you are not been provided with an advanced, try to use any bare copper wire). Try using a screw as a way to secure the wire on the board similarly that the wire end of the other end would touch the armature top.
- In the case of the buzzer, we need to connect the red wire connected to the battery holder to the flipper screw, next connect the other wire from the armature screw to the key. Now we can see that the electricity would pass through the armature and would enter the switch/key.
Try to push the key in order to connect the circuit and the buzzing sound would occur from the buzzer. If this does not happen, try to do the below steps for troubleshooting.
- Try to ensure that the wire of the flipper is touching the armature when it is in the upward position.
- Also, ensure that the wire of flipper is not touching the armature when it is in the downwards position.
- Test all the connections and try to secure them when needed.
The above working model has given you an idea about how a simple item like a buzzer has an exciting mechanism and students by learning it would be able to boost their creativity to an advanced level.