The AP Intermediate Class 12th board exam is one of the important exams for students. It not only signifies the end of a student’s school life, but it also paves a way for new academic opportunities and personal growth. Besides, a student’s future career totally depends upon the marks obtained in Class 12 board exams. Getting a good result will make things easy for the students, and they will be taking a step closer to pursue an education career that they are aiming or aspiring for. While the Class 12 exam holds prominence as a deciding factor for students to get into good colleges, institutes and even become eligible for entrance exams students need to prepare well and effectively for the exams. For this, the students can make use of study and reference material made available online, such as the apscert model papers and previous year papers.
Besides, a preparation that is exclusively based on a result-oriented approach is the most vital part for students in Class 12. As such, equal importance should be given to all subjects, as this will ensure the same level of performance and uniform result. However, to help students make their preparation level stronger, we have listed a few useful tips, which they can follow and perform well in the AP Intermediate Board exams. Students can also refer to the AP Intermediate Grading System to understand the marks and grade points of the Classes 11 & 12 exams.
Studying Maths can be quite intimidating and challenging. To score better marks students can;
- Develop a clear understanding of the fundamentals and core concepts.
- Practice mathematics or solving problems regularly. Students can first try out the conventional methods and on they are through with it, then they can move on to short-cut methods to increase efficiency.
- Avoid making silly mistakes and try to improve on these during the practice sessions.
- Keep a notebook for important formulae and tables.
Chemistry is one subject that can get a bit confusing at times because it deals with a lot of equations, reactions, formulas, experiments, and calculation. Therefore, students need to;
- Conduct an in-depth study of the subject and engage in extensive practice.
- Master and understand the basic concepts first before moving on to the complex ones.
- Write important formulae and equations on a piece of paper or chart and have a glimpse of it on daily basis. Doing this will enable students to remember them clearly during exams.
- Make use of the laboratory often. Students will gain practical knowledge and develop a better understanding of the concepts
Biology is a subject that focuses on the study of life and also teaches students about the natural world and various other things. While it is an interesting subject to study, students will need to get a clear understanding of the concepts, learn the correct vocabulary and also improve the comprehension of important biological terms. In addition to this, students also need to;
- Emphasise on learning the diagrams along with the theory.
- Memorize difficult terminologies and practice spelling as well as writing them repeatedly.
- Mark important topics and review them later.
- Make use of visual devices like flashcards, drawing, charts, graphs etc. as these will help students to retain the information better.
Most of the students tend to face a lot of stress when they have to study physics. They think that it is a difficult subject because it deals with a lot of Maths problems, experimentation, formulas, diagrams, amongst others. However, the subject can be easier to study if they follow the given tips;
- Students should get a good understanding of the fundamental concepts and develop a strong base early on. It is also important to understand the underlying principles and the connection between different concepts.
- Physics exams usually consist of questions involving theorems and formula. Students should revise and remember these properly.
- Engage in repeated practice and solve different problems daily.
- In Physics, some topics like thermodynamics, heat, etc. are strictly based on theory and direct formulas. Students can focus on these topics and score better marks.
General AP Intermediate Exam Preparation Tips
- Plan and prepare a suitable timetable. Allocate ample time for each subject and avoid distractions.
- Go through the syllabus and this will help students get a clear idea of the important topics, questions, and marking schemes. Students can then develop an effective preparation strategy that will help them study productively for the exams.
- Solve questions that are given at the end of each chapter and also previous year questions or sample papers. Additionally, students can take mock tests and these will help them know their preparation level and the areas that they should focus on.
- Revision is key for any student, and they can follow a weekly revision plan once they complete studying the entire syllabus.
- Always remember it is not about studying always. Students should also eat healthy food, exercise regularly, and get ample amount of rest.
Stay tuned to BYJU’s to get the latest updates and information on the AP SSC Board and the BIEAP Board. Other study materials for Intermediate students found here includes the bieap new syllabus.