The Karnataka SSLC Board is responsible for conducting the Class 10 Board Exams in affiliated schools throughout the state of Karnataka. Every year, approximately 8-9 lakh students take the Karnataka SSLC Exams. Headquartered in Bangalore, the board has its operating offices spread across multiple districts of Karnataka. The KSEEB (Karnataka Secondary Education Examination Board) standardised its swift operation through a number of educational policies and rules around the academic sphere.
Table of Contents
- Latest Notifications
- About the Karnataka SSLC Examination Board
- Overview of the Karnataka SSLC Board 2022-23
- Karnataka SSLC Board Exam Resources
- Karnataka Board Class 10 Last 5 Year Question Papers with Solutions
- KSEEB SSLC Result Analysis
- The Karnataka State Board has released the time table for the SSLC March/April 2023 Main Exam. The exams are scheduled to start on 31st March, 2023 and will continue up to 15th April, 2023. Check KSEEB Class 10 and Class 12 Time Table to know more.
- The Karnataka SSLC Board has released the time-table for the Computer Education Examination to be held in January/February 2023.
- The Karnataka SSLC Board has extended the late date of the online registration for the March 2023 SSLC Examination.
- The Karnataka SSLC Board has updated a link to file objections for the March/April 2023 SSLC Main Examination Provisional Timetable.
- The provisional timetable for the SSLC March/April 2023 Main Exam has been released on the official website of the Karnataka Board. To know more, check the Karnataka SSLC Time table.
About the Karnataka SSLC Examination Board
Karnataka SSLC Board is responsible for conducting the board exams for Class 10 students in affiliated schools at the end of the academic year. The board also decides the curriculum, syllabus and textbooks for Class 10. Passing the Karnataka SSLC Board Examination is essential for students to gain admission to a school or college for higher education. To help students prepare for the exam, we’ve put together a list of exhaustive resources, including solved question papers from the previous years.
SSLC stands for Secondary School Leaving Certificate. SSLC Examinations are conducted by the Karnataka State Education Board generally in the months of March-April. The Karnataka State Board also conducts a reexamination called supplementary examination in the month of June for students who failed the main exam.
SSLC Exams in Karnataka is usually attended by over 8.41 lakh students, according to reports. Karnataka Secondary Education Examination Board (KSEEB) released the updated Karnataka SSLC Examination Board Timetable for the academic year 2022-23. To learn about the updated KSEEB timetable, click here.
Functions of the Karnataka SSLC Board
The Karnataka SSLC Board plays the following roles:
- Devising the courses of study
- Prescribing syllabus
- Conducting examinations
- Granting recognition to schools
- Providing support, leadership and direction for all secondary educational institutions under its jurisdiction.
Overview of the Karnataka SSLC Board 2022-23
|Exam Name||Karnataka SSLC Exam 2023|
|Conducted by||Karnataka Secondary Education Examination Board
|Exam Dates||31/03/2023 – 15/04/2023|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Number of Students||Around 8.5 lakhs|
|Tentative Result Date||May/June 2023|
Candidates who have appeared for the SSLC exam can check their scores on karresults.nic.in and kseeb.kar.nic.in, as it is already released. Also, find a step-by-step guide to check the Karnataka state education board’s official website for Results on the Karnataka SSLC Results page.
In this article, we have provided Karnataka 10th Board exam resources and study materials for students. This includes the syllabus, textbooks and solved question papers from the past few years.
Karnataka SSLC Board Exam Resources
Passing the SSLC exam is essential for students, but it is very competitive, and students need to work hard to ace the exam. To help them prepare for the exam, we’ve compiled the Karnataka SSLC Board exam resources. This includes the syllabus, textbooks, exam timetable, model papers, solved question papers, notes etc. All this helps the students understand the exam pattern, key topics, and important chapters. This also helps students practice solving the question paper within the given time to ace the exam. To know more about the exam pattern, click on the KSEEB Exam Pattern.
Karnataka Board Class 10 Last 5 Year Question Papers with Solutions
Here are some SSLC question papers with solutions for Maths, Science, Social Science and English from the past few years. Solving these question papers helps children understand key topics and chapters to focus on to score higher marks. Additionally, it also helps them practice solving the question paper within the exam duration. Students can click on the links below to access the question papers from 2014 to 2019.
KSEEB SSLC Class 10 Maths Previous Year Question Paper With Solutions
|KSEEB Class 10 Previous Year Maths Question Paper with Solutions 2019|
|KSEEB Class 10 Previous Year Maths Question Paper with Solutions 2018|
|KSEEB Class 10 Previous Year Maths Question Paper with Solutions 2017|
KSEEB SSLC Class 10 Science Previous Year Question Paper With Solutions
KSEEB SSLC Class 10 Social Science Previous Year Question Paper With Solutions
|KSEEB 2019 Class 10 English Question Paper|
|KSEEB 2018 Class 10 English Question Paper|
|KSEEB 2017 Class 10 English Question Paper|
|KSEEB 2016 Class 10 English Question Paper|
|KSEEB 2015 Class 10 English Question Paper|
KSEEB SSLC Result Analysis
Karnataka SSLC Year-wise Comparison
- Total Number of Students: The KSEEB SSLC Board sees an average of 8 lakh students appear for the exam every year. The numbers dipped low in 2017, when only 7,64,950 students appeared for their Class 10 Karnataka Board exams. In 2021, as many as 8,71,443 students appeared, and all of them passed the exam successfully. Here is a quick comparison of the total number of students appearing over the years for the Karnataka Board SSLC Examinations.
|Exam Year||Total Students Appeared|
- Overall Pass Percent: The Karnataka Board SSLC Exams record a pass percentage of around 70% every year. Almost every year, for the past few years, the girls have outshined the boys. In 2020, the overall pass percentage was 71.8%, with 77.74% girls and 66.41% boys clearing their 10th Board KSEEB SSLC Exams. Below is a detailed comparison of the year-wise results.
Exam Year Overall Pass % Pass % for Boys Pass % for Girls 2023 83.89 80.08 87.87 2022 85.63 81.3 90.29 2021 100 100 100 2020 71.8 66.41 77.74 2019 73.7 68.46 79.59 2018 71.93 66.56 78.01 2017 73.26 69.45 77.24
Total Marks in SSLC Karnataka
Karnataka State Board SSLC exams were earlier written for a total of 625 marks, but now it is written for 500 marks (80 marks each for five subjects and 100 marks for the first language). However, 20 marks for the five subjects are added from the internal assessments as well.
Passing Marks in SSLC Karnataka
Students who appear for the SSLC Board exam in Karnataka are required to score a minimum of 35% marks in each subject out of the total 100 marks. The same is applicable to pass compartmental exams, as well.
Other resources found at BYJU’S include the 10th Science Notes For State Board Karnataka, previous year papers, and notes.
Frequently Asked Questions on Karnataka SSLC Board Examination
What is the Class 10 Board Exam called in Karnataka?
The Class 10 Board Exam, which is conducted by the Karnataka Secondary Education Examination Board (KSEEB), is called SSLC in Karnataka. SSLC stands for Secondary School Leaving Certificate. This certification is crucial for students to secure a seat in an institution for higher education.
When is the Karnataka SSLC Board Exam conducted?
KSEEB conducts the Class 10 SSLC board exam in the months of March and April every year.
What is the minimum percentage required to pass the SSLC Board exam?
All students are required to score a minimum of 35% marks in the SSLC Board exam to pass the exam.