Explore All About GATE COAP – An Important Member From The GATE Family
Applicants who have passed the GATE exam are qualified to participate in GATE COAP counseling 2021. Aspirants have to register and fill in the choice of programs and colleges they want to get admission to. COAP is a vital component, and if you are a GATE exam aspirant, then it is necessary to understand COAP.
NOTE: GATE 2021 was conducted on February 6, 7, 13, and 14.
Table of Contents:
- What Is COAP?
- GATE COAP 2021 Dates
- GATE COAP 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- GATE COAP – Check Eligibility Criteria Pointers 2021
- GATE COAP 2021 Registration
- GATE COAP Registration Process
- Steps to check admission offers through GATE COAP 2021 Portal
- Process to Accept Seat Allotment through GATE COAP 2021?
- FAQs Regarding GATE COAP (Common Offer Acceptance Portal)
What Is COAP?
COAP (Common Offer Acceptance Portal): A popular terminology belongs to the GATE family.
Common Offer Acceptance Portal is a common stage for the registered applicants to secure the most favoured option for admission into an M.Tech. In this portal, all the participating IITs and ISc Bangalore announce the result of seat allotment.
GATE COAP 2021 Dates
Applicants with a GATE scorecard are qualified to join the GATE COAP counselling. Applicants have to register for COAP to attend the counselling. In this platform, candidates can check the final update of the result and seat allotment. These seats are allotted by the GATE participating institutes.
GATE COAP 2021 Important Dates
|GATE COAP registration 2021||March 25, 2021|
|COAP Seat Allotment Round 1||May 28 to 30, 2021|
|COAP Seat Allotment Round 2||June 4 to 6, 2021|
|COAP Seat Allotment Round 3||June 11 to 13, 2021|
|COAP Seat Allotment Round 4||June 18 to 20, 2021|
|COAP Seat Allotment Round 5||June 25 to 27, 2021|
|COAP Seat Allotment Round for additional rounds||Round 1 – July 2 to 4, 2021
Round 2 – July 9 to 11, 2021
Round 3 – July 16 to 18, 2021
Round 4 – July 23 to 25, 2021
Round 5 – July 30 to August 1, 2021
GATE COAP 2021 Eligibility Criteria
When it comes to registering for COAP, there are some eligibility criteria that every aspirant requires to meet to qualify for the admission process. Aspirants who do not qualify for conditions are likely to be refused. So, it is always good to check the criteria before jumping into the application process. Applicants are recommended to verify the eligibility standards of COAP 2021 before applying.
GATE COAP – Check Eligibility Criteria Pointers 2021
- Applicants should have a real GATE scorecard. And it should belong to the years 2019, 2020, or 2021.
- If applicants have more than one scorecard, then you have to use the scorecard with the highest aggregate during registration. However, information about other scorecards will also be needed.
- If a candidate has a scorecard of GATE in more than one discipline, then they need to present information for the same.
- Applicants need to meet the eligibility criteria depending on the particular college they want to get in.
GATE COAP 2021 Registration
Candidates who want to take the admission process ahead need to get enrolled on the GATE COAP 2021 gateway. If we talk about 2021, the GATE COAP application is over now. However, for reference purposes, applicants can monitor the complete steps.
GATE COAP Registration Process
- Firstly, applicants have to register by giving the basic details.
- After the successful registration, applicants will get login information (Email Id & Password) on the registered mobile number.
- Now, log in with the same credentials.
- At the next level, candidates can apply to the college in which they want to get admission.
- Now you can review the allotment status.
Steps to check admission offers through GATE COAP 2021 portal
Applicants can pursue the following steps mentioned below to check the admission proposal through GATE COAP 2021:
Step 1: Go to the official COAP Portal
Step 2: Insert login credentials to access your account.
Step 3: Click “Seat Allotment”
Step 4: Now you can see the college-wise seat allotments list. Now applicants can choose from Accept and Freeze, Retain and Wait, Reject and Wait.
Process to Accept Seat Allotment Through GATE COAP 2021
After the seat distribution process, applicants have to verify the seat allotment. For that they can choose any option like, “Accept and Freeze”, “Retain and Wait”, “Reject and Wait” and “Reject
- Accept and Freeze – If the candidate wants to accept the seat allotment and does not consider any upgradation
- Retain and Wait – If a candidate wants to accept the seat allotment, but is also considering upgrading it in further rounds.
- Reject and Wait – If the applicant does not want to accept any allotted seats but wants to wait for following rounds of seat allotment.
- Reject – If the applicant does not want to accept any seat offered during GATE COAP, then he/she can go for this option.
FAQs Regarding GATE COAP (Common Offer Acceptance Portal)
Is it important for an applicant to register at COAP?
Yes. It is important because all participating colleges will inquire about COAP registration numbers on their M.Tech. applications.
What is the full form of COAP?
The full form of COAP is Common Offers Acceptance Portal.