What Is The Full Form Of ARPANET?
The Full Form Of ARPANET is an Advanced Research Projects Agency NET.
The Advanced Research Projects Agency Network (ARPANET) is considered as a forerunner to the contemporary Internet. It was the first wide-area packet-switched network with shared control and also one of the primary channels to execute the TCP/IP protocol suite.
History of ARPANET
The ARPANET was a plan financed by the U.S. administration during the Cold War, to build a strong and secure communications network.
ARPANET was established in 1969 by the Advanced Research Projects Agency (ARPA) of the US Department of Defense. The whole idea was executed by sharing information using several computers.
In the year 1980, ARPANET was delivered to various military networks, Defense Data Network.
Characteristics of ARPANET
- It is considered a version of WAN.
- It utilized the theory of Packet Switching Network.
- It utilized Interface Message Processor for subnetting.
- The software of ARPANET was divided into two sections: a host and a subnet.
Benefits of ARPANET
- It is unbelievable to know that the ARPANET was invented to serve in a Nuclear Attack.
- It was helping other technologies like collaborations through Emails.
- It improves the process of transfer of files and data, which ultimately makes the whole procedure smooth.
Limitations of ARPANET
- It required several LANs and due to that, it became difficult to handle it.
- It was not able to cope up with improvements in technology.