GATE Aerospace Engineering (AE) Syllabus 2023
Aerospace Engineering is a primary field of Engineering related to the development of Aircraft and Spacecraft. Aerospace Engineering (AE) is also considered as the first paper or primary paper of the GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) Exams. Exam authorities usually release the GATE Syllabus for Aerospace Engineering 2023 and the brochure on the official website. Students can also refer to the GATE aerospace syllabus from this article. Please find below the latest Aerospace Engineering Syllabus for the students aspiring to crack the GATE exams.
Under the specified subject, as per the updated GATE Syllabus for Aerospace Engineering 2023, there are six sections, with the topics under each section divided into two categories – Core Topics and Special Topics. Meanwhile, from the GATE Aerospace Engineering Syllabus, please know that the corresponding sections of the GATE previous year question paper will contain 90% of their questions on core topics and the remaining 10% on special topics.
GATE Aerospace Engineering Syllabus 2023
Meanwhile, students who aspire to ace the exams are advised to refer to the GATE Aerospace Engineering Syllabus 2023 PDF download and prepare more diligently to perform well in the exam. The six sections of the GATE Syllabus For Aerospace Engineering (AE) 2023 comprise topics such as Engineering Mathematics, Flight Mechanics, Space Dynamics, Aero Dynamics, Structures and Propulsion.
Find the complete information regarding the subject, Aerospace Engineering and the GATE Exams from the PDF link, and the web page content given below. The Aerospace Engineering Syllabus for GATE 2023 will provide an idea to the students about the topics from which questions are asked in the exams and the key concepts discussed.
GATE Syllabus For Aerospace Engineering (AE) 2023
|SECTIONS||CORE TOPICS||SPECIAL TOPICS|
|Section1: Engineering Mathematics||
||Fourier Series, Laplace Transforms, Numerical methods for linear and
nonlinear algebraic equations, Numerical integration and differentiation. Complex
analysis. Probability and statistics.
|Section 2: Flight Mechanics||
||Dynamic stability: Euler angles; Equations of motion; Decoupling of longitudinal and lateral-directional dynamics; longitudinal modes; lateral-directional modes.|
|Section 3: Space Dynamics||
||No Special Topics|
|Section 4: Aerodynamics||
||Wind Tunnel Testing: Measurement and visualization techniques. Shock – boundary
|Section 5: Structures||
||Vibration of beams. Theory of elasticity: Equilibrium and compatibility equations,
Airy’s stress function.
|Section 6: Propulsion||
||Aerothermodynamics of non-rotating propulsion components such as intakes, combustor and nozzle. Turbine blade cooling. Compressor-turbine matching, Surge and stall.|
GATE Aerospace Engineering Marking Scheme 2023
In the meantime, find below in this article the marking scheme for the GATE AE Exam paper. Also, see the exam pattern as per the GATE Aerospace 2023 Syllabus for General Aptitude and Subject marks. All questions are expected to be of 1 or 2 marks.
- General Aptitude(GA) of Aerospace Engineering(AE) – 15 Marks
- Subject Marks – 85 Marks
- Total Marks – 100 Marks
- Total Time Allotted in Minutes for the subject – 180 Minutes
All students must download the latest version of the GATE Aerospace Engineering Syllabus before preparing for the GATE AE Exams 2023. Also, after referring to the GATE syllabus, students are advised to prepare for the exams with the help of the Preparation materials, textbook, and GATE previous year question paper. Students can stay tuned to BYJU’S and access updates regarding the GATE Exams and Resources.
Frequently Asked Questions on GATE Aerospace Engineering Syllabus 2023
1. What does the GATE Syllabus For Aerospace Engineering (AE) Comprise?
GATE Aerospace Engineering Syllabus 2023 consists of 6 sections, the topics of which have been divided into two categories – Core Topics and Special Topics.
2. How many marks are accounted for from the General Aptitude(GA) of Aerospace Engineering(AE)?
Based on the GATE Syllabus 2023 of Aerospace Engineering, the General Aptitude(GA) of Aerospace Engineering(AE) accounts for 15 marks in the Question paper.
3. What is the approximate time taken to finish a subject if the candidate self-studies, as per the GATE Aerospace Engineering Syllabus?
The time taken to complete the subject depends on the candidate’s capabilities as well as their basic knowledge of the subjects, aptitude, concentration level, and most importantly, the hard work they put in to perform well in the examination.
Also Explore, GATE 2023 | GATE Results | PSU Recruitment through GATE | GATE Virtual Calculator | GATE Mock Test | GATE Online Coaching | GATE Negative Marking | GATE Marks Vs Rank | GATE Cutoff | GATE Answer Key